Nomad FC kit sponsors

Contact Us :: Nomad-Online :: SCFL Website ::  Album :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Register :: Profile :: Private messages :: Log in 

VASE DRAW
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Nomad Forum Index -> Sussex County League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
No.10

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 12:24    Post subject: VASE DRAW

Oh dear.....Home is a bonus though.

Causeway United or Curzon Ashton
v
Leamington or Retford United

Whitehawk v Truro City

AFC Totton v Wimborne Town

Billingham Synthonia v VCD Athletic or Bideford
Geoff
Admin

Football Club: Chelsea FC

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 12:32    Post subject:

Thats a great draw for Whitehawk! Don't know why the 'oh dear'.
gonzo

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 12:34    Post subject: Re: VASE DRAW

No.10 wrote:
Oh dear.....Home is a bonus though.

Causeway United or Curzon Ashton
v
Leamington or Retford United

Whitehawk v Truro City

AFC Totton v Wimborne Town

Billingham Synthonia v VCD Athletic or Bideford

Now I have got mixed feelings - my mates - or - my money....

What are your predictions for this one No.10! as you got them so right last time ....

No easy teams left in the last 8 for sure - although I think these are the strongest... and a home draw... who knows

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 12:37    Post subject:

I have a friend who plays there. Wage bill is around £2500 a WEEK!! Their goal difference is 97. Centre forward averages 2 every game and they are unbeaten all season.

They really had to avoid 3 teams in the draw and Truro were one of them. But as you said another home tie boggy pitch another battling performance? Who knos what can happen?...
No.10

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 12:39    Post subject:

Ah my old friend Gonzo. I am going to be a little more positive and say a draw but will get beat in the replay...

Hows trick my big nosed friend? Retired yet???
Geoff
Admin

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 12:39    Post subject:

It's down to the last 8 No.10... a home draw is great, but every team is going to be strong at this stage. Truro may well be the 'Chelsea of the non league'... but they are surely beatable at this stage?

I think Whitehawk will relish this challenge.
gonzo

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 12:55    Post subject:

No.10 wrote:
Ah my old friend Gonzo. I am going to be a little more positive and say a draw but will get beat in the replay...

Hows trick my big nosed friend? Retired yet???

Not bad mate - not retired - 33 this year - couple of seasons left for me in County 1, maybe win it before i retire - then a drop down the leagues I think and try to give back to the game (and youngsters) as much as i have had out of it...

coaching at the moment I hear.. enjoying it

Football Club: Chelsea & England

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 12:58    Post subject:

Geoff wrote:
It's down to the last 8 No.10... a home draw is great, but every team is going to be strong at this stage. Truro may well be the 'Chelsea of the non league'... but they are surely beatable at this stage?

I think Whitehawk will relish this challenge.

I was told that this is the draw they wanted to avoid, these are the boys who are paying huge money. £10,000 a month wage bill.

The plus side though is the fact it's a home as you point out.
Admin

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 13:00    Post subject:

But they would still have to beat the best to win the Vase... that was my point.
Goldfinger

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 13:21    Post subject:

Not the greatest draw but I think if the pitch is as heavy as it was Saturday, Whitehawk stand a good chance. The fact they have a home draw is a massive plus. Hopefully another bumper sussex crowd will spur the boys on.

On a side note, I wonder how many midweek games the Sussex FA will make them play in the week leading up to this game?
No.10

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 13:25    Post subject:

Geoff wrote:
But they would still have to beat the best to win the Vase... that was my point.

Sometimes it is nice to avoid big teams to get to a final just for the experience and having said you 'got there'!!. I am sure playing at Upton Park in a vase final is a vistory in itself regardless of the score.

Anyway last eight, home draw good luck to the hawks!!

Gonzo, good to hear your still going strong. I am doing my coaching badges and need to build my hours up. Was tempted to come and join you boys at the town as I know adie but where I am is a lot closer to home and have a few mates play there. Actually really enjoying it, but it is no subtitute for playing mate, you need to stick about for as long as possible...plus you are a rubbish manager
gonzo

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 14:01    Post subject:

No.10 wrote:
Geoff wrote:

Sometimes it is nice to avoid big teams to get to a final just for the experience and having said you 'got there'!!. I am sure playing at Upton Park in a vase final is a vistory in itself regardless of the score.

Anyway last eight, home draw good luck to the hawks!!

Gonzo, good to hear your still going strong. I am doing my coaching badges and need to build my hours up. Was tempted to come and join you boys at the town as I know adie but where I am is a lot closer to home and have a few mates play there. Actually really enjoying it, but it is no subtitute for playing mate, you need to stick about for as long as possible...plus you are a rubbish manager

I may have not been the best, but I was the youngest manager in County 1 that season at 28 -
definately glad to be back playing, just got to stay clear of injuries, which is like trying to stay clear of Spearmint Rhino's!....

Football Club: Tottenham Hotspur

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 14:15    Post subject:

At the end of the day, Truro will need to make a 526 mile round trip to Brighton which will take 10 and a half hours so home advantage plus Truro players that may not be able to make it will surely work in their favour!

Best of luck to Ian and the boys!

Football Club: Brighton & Hove Albion

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 15:27    Post subject: FA Vase

I'm sure the Hawks have a few things up their sleeves!
Remember Truro were beaten up by Clevedon in the FA Cup earlier in the season, maybe similar tactics will work!
Fingers

Football Club: Manchester United

Posted: Mon Feb 12 2007, 15:59    Post subject:

Truro is miles away, wouldnt fancy a trip to the North East this time of year.
       Nomad Forum Index -> Sussex County League All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: