Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

Does anybody like the look of this team ?

[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2006 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Postby **** » Mon Jun 19 2006, 09:31

give me 1 good reason y u would drop beckham for lennon. 2 out of 3 goals have come from beckham assists, while lennon may skin defenders his final ball was crap against T+T, , lennon is an impact player who is better when coming off the bench to give something diffrent and work up against tiring defenders thts when hes at his best. it wouldnt work from the start. do it the oposite way round , bring beckham on against a tiring defender, the defender would be quite pleased not having to deal with lennons pace. lennon lacks experience while beckham has bags of it and always performs on the big stage, unless its a penalty lol. i think lennon is amazing and would love to see him play more but dont feel it would work for the better. sorry but i totally disagree with starting lennon at the moment. the team has to be

robinson

ashley cole

ferdinand

terry

neville

beckham

gerrard

lampard

joe cole

rooney

owen

thats allways been our best team

Postby Dean Bradford » Mon Jun 19 2006, 09:33

WHOAAA - TAXI FOR DEAN!!!

I meant Ferdinand not Campbell :oops:

Personally though I rate Carragher above Neville.
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby **** » Mon Jun 19 2006, 09:36

as a centre back yes then id agree but as a right back id stick with neville

Postby The Tye » Mon Jun 19 2006, 09:53

Dean Bradford wrote:Personally though I rate Carragher above Neville.
Oh Dear - We Obviously need to have words!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby the lawn mower » Mon Jun 19 2006, 09:53

..WELL __ I know this sounds and probably looks total "crap", But Beckham has been in three world cups and two Euro championships and has failed to get us to the final in any of them. I personally dont think he is NOT world class anymore. Lennon is the future, plus, he attacks defenders and given more chances to play you will see him score vital goals for his country.
the lawn mower

Postby The Tye » Mon Jun 19 2006, 10:04

mate youve lost the plot, Beckham IS World Class, there is not a better player in the world today with his ability to cross the ball, and with the beanpole in the team, as shown against trinidad we have a weapon to use from the bench once owen is sharp, but Beckham MUST play, for Real Madrid he has been outstanding this season putting los galacticos to shame at times!

You seriously need to stop all this bollox revolving around changing what the whole bloody country can see as our best side! we will go far in this World Cup with Sven in charge, You will see.
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby Otters » Mon Jun 19 2006, 10:17

Finally some positive and very thoughtful thoughts, god England players cant win they win two games they are booed they lose they are booed, What does the country expect?

Win 1-0 not playing well or lose 4-3 but having a cracking performance??

Beckham is world class and like Tye says he has been Real Madrid best player this season by a mile, i am happy to have Beckham in the side and as captain because he is a different type of leader compared to Terry, Gerrard etc.

JT will lead with or without the armband.
Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die tomorrow.

Otters

Postby The Tye » Mon Jun 19 2006, 10:19

JT is the next England Captain after Beckham, he knows it along with the whole country, but for the time being our Current Skipper is more than capable of leading us to glory! now lets get behind him! :lol:
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby **** » Mon Jun 19 2006, 10:29

the lawn mower wrote:..WELL __ I know this sounds and probably looks total "crap", But Beckham has been in three world cups and two Euro championships and has failed to get us to the final in any of them. I personally dont think he is NOT world class anymore. Lennon is the future, plus, he attacks defenders and given more chances to play you will see him score vital goals for his country.

what you mean HE failed to get us to any finals, there is a squd of 23 players just because he is the captain doesnt mean its down to him to get us through its a team effort. plus hes only been captain for 2. (2002 and 2004) if that was the case then might aswell chuck afew other players out aswell that have played in other cups and not got us to finals. plus may i point out that he hasnt failed to get us to 3 world cup finals because the third one isnt over yet DUH! sorry but tht was quite possibly the worst thread i have ever read so yes ur right it is total crap. also u sed u DONT think he is NOT world class, therefore you are saying he IS world class. sort it out!

Postby Stifler » Mon Jun 19 2006, 10:35

Been doing a bit of homework and obviosly we've got 3 players on yellow cards!
Crouchy is argubly playing the best football of his life and Im thinking alot of England fans are gaining confidence within him.
Gerrard is clearly winning the battle of the best midfielders in my eyes and seems to be able to keep us ticking.
And Lampard hasn't really stepped up yet in terms of performances but I dont think any other England player has made the oppositions keeper work as what this chap has!

So my general point is Engalnd have qualified for the next stage!!!
Taking those yellow cards in to consideration I feel sven needs be clever with his team selection therefore my proposed team:

---------------------Robinson-------------------

Carragher------Terry------Ferdinand

----------------------Carrick-------------------
Lennon-----------------------------------ACole

--------------Beckham------Gerrard----------

-----------------------------J.cole--------------

---------------------- Rooney-------------------

I know I still have Gerrard in there but in his form I really dont think the guy can be replaced, and he is clever enough to play with a yellow over his head, and when your coming up to Anders Svensson, Southampton's reject that is playing for a team called Elfsborg is Sweden I think its right to give the younger guys a go!

Stifler

• Website

Postby Rusty G » Mon Jun 19 2006, 10:42

I think Sven has his side already picked to be honest, and we are more likely to see a starting 11 of -

---------------------------- Robinson -----------------------------

Carragher ----------- Terry ------ Ferdinand ------------ A Cole

Beckham -------- Lampard---------- Hargreaves---------- J Cole

----------------------- Owen ----------- Rooney --------------------

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't start with that side, and Lampard being withdrawn as soon as he can do so.
Account no longer in use.
Rusty G

Postby The Tye » Mon Jun 19 2006, 10:43

Personally......

Robinson

Beckham/Terry/Ferdinand/A.Cole

Lennon/Carrick/Lampard/J.Cole

Owen/Rooney

We do know that Rooney DEFINITELY starts, as sven has gone public with this, and Owen needs games to get sharp so id play him despte being poor, and take into account that until the 83rd minute Crouchinho was having a shocker, understandably Craig you wouldnt have noticed this being in a Bar in Prague absolutely off your tree!!! :lol:

I would replace Lampard at Half Time to a) give him a run out to regain form & b)avoid the second yellow!

Rooney off after an hour and Big Theo to have a run, after all he has gone for a reason, nothing to lose, why not!

I would replace Lampard with Joe Cole in Middle and Downing Wide Left, again a valuable run out!

Although this is what id like him to play, i think he will go with the dangerous OWEN HARGREAVES instead of £15 million rated Carrick!!!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby Otters » Mon Jun 19 2006, 10:46

No excuses for Hargreaves now, he has a start and has to perform, its also in his position that he plays for his club.

Would be nice to see Walcott as well at some point, even if its only for 20 minutes.
Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die tomorrow.

Otters

Postby Stifler » Mon Jun 19 2006, 10:52

vaild point thre mate!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]

Stifler

• Website

Postby Fingers » Mon Jun 19 2006, 11:19

The Tye wrote:i think he will go with the dangerous OWEN HARGREAVES instead of £15 million rated Carrick!!!

Why Hargreaves is worth £20 million. :lol:

I would play both Carrick and Hargreaves in midfield as both Lampard and Gerrard are rested for the 2nd round match. Its not very often you get the oppotunity to rest players at a World Cup. I think Sven will rest more players if Germany draw with Ecuador as however well Ecuador have done we dont really want to play Germany in their own back yard whatever quality of team they are at present. I think the current German team on paper is better than the one that made the final in 2002.

I take group bookings are wiped out.
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006