Find us on facebook

Ben Steppel Memorial Match

[ Facebook comments]

Nomad Representative Matches

Moderators: Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye, octopus

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Postby Geoff » Tue Jun 19 2007, 21:24

I asked how much for an embroidered badge and it is a mere 3.95 per badge... thats for a kit of 16 shirts (including GK).
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby topash1985 » Tue Jun 19 2007, 21:28

i am happy to contribute if i play for the team. maybe we should all pay £5 each time we play for nomad then we will have enough for new training tops and stuff eventually. :lol: :lol:
topash1985

Postby The Tye » Wed Jun 20 2007, 07:50

Geoff wrote:I asked how much for an embroidered badge and it is a mere 3.95 per badge... thats for a kit of 16 shirts (including GK).
isnt there a £50 cost the first time you use a new badge? when we did our new kit(Boatman) we were charged to upload the badge into the computer or something???
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby Nomad » Wed Jun 20 2007, 11:50

That's what I thought as well. Anyway, Geoff has a high-res file of the logo so we'll see what the outcome is. If they have to set up a scan then it may be that we can use it in the future for stuff like polo shirts if there is a demand.
Nomad

• Website

Postby Shiner » Wed Jun 20 2007, 14:30

Geoff wrote:Kit will be sorted in time but £500 is a tight budget so if anyone wants to stump up for a 'club badge' on the shirts please feel free! The price includes GK kit, numbering and donaters logo.

The kit I'm looking at for a very good quote is yellow/blue/yellow in varying degrees of the design and is Pro Star (2007). Will keep you posted.

Geoff,

Contrary to popular 80s belief, Prostar arent actually that much of a bargain anymore and often look dated and badly sized......only my poncy opinion mind!!!

Check out the site below....Puma and Nike both do really good deals and im sure we could top up with some additional kit to make it a squad size....They do a Yellow / Royal / Yellow kit in the Esito style

http://www.3qsports.co.uk/deals/deals.asp?id=35
http://1sttouchfootballacademy.co.uk
Shiner
Site Mod

Twitter Acct: @1sttouchfa

Postby Big Sus » Thu Jun 21 2007, 19:43

equally, Hummel kits are VERY reasonable with a full strip in most colourways about £250 !!

Another link is a Fareham company called at http://www.klubkits.co.uk
Ian Saunders
Follow the stags at [color=#0000FF]http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/midhurstandeasebournefc
Follow Petersfield Town FC at http://www.petersfieldtownfc.co.uk

Big Sus

Non League Club: Petersfield Town FC
Pro Club: Plymouth Argyle
Twitter Acct: @BigSus1975
  • Website

Postby jbwhito » Fri Jun 22 2007, 11:45

I would like to be involved again if possible.

And match subs are probably a good idea, if not for the kit, then to the chosen charity.

jbwhito

Postby Geoff » Fri Jun 22 2007, 23:39

The Tye wrote:
Geoff wrote:I asked how much for an embroidered badge and it is a mere 3.95 per badge... thats for a kit of 16 shirts (including GK).
isnt there a £50 cost the first time you use a new badge? when we did our new kit(Boatman) we were charged to upload the badge into the computer or something???

Nope there was no screen charge... sorry guys I hope you aren't disappointed but I did buy the Pro Star kit... I looked at the alternatives and yes they do say such things as £295 for a kit, but thats a set of 13 shirts, shorts and socks, sometimes excluding VAT and delivery, as well as screen charge, numbers, etc. We have 16 shirts including GK, with sponsor, numbers and embroidered badge.

Oh and I had to make a two day decision as turnaround on purchase is usually around 28 days and the £500 sponsor money only cleared with me on Thursday.

This kit was £531 inclusive of absolutely everything and I went for it. Please feel free to voice your displeasure when we play in it... you can please some of the people, etc.....

I'll stick a pic up tomorrow or Sunday.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Nomad » Sat Jun 23 2007, 07:42

Just to add that this wasn't entirely a unilateral decision on Geoff's part. I also had some input into final design, colours, and the logo but given the tight timescale involved felt we didn't really have the luxury of too much deliberation or shopping around.

Looking forward to seeing it in action and a big thank-you, both to Geoff and of course our sponsor. Just to add that Geoff paid the additional cost of badges out of his own pocket but it would be appreciated if perhaps we could all dip into our pockets on the day to ensure he is reimbursed.

Now all we need is for someone to volunteer to look after the kit and get it washed after the game.

The provisional date is still Sunday 15 July at Nyewood Lane, but still has yet to be formally confirmed by Bognor. Nevertheless, please keep it free in your diaries.
Nomad

• Website

Postby Dean Bradford » Sat Jun 23 2007, 14:46

Well done boys!

Should be a cracking match and a fitting tribute!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby topash1985 » Sun Jun 24 2007, 21:21

what is the current squad deano???
topash1985

Postby Dean Bradford » Mon Jun 25 2007, 09:01

Not 100% yet until the date is confirmed buddy!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Nomad » Mon Jun 25 2007, 10:55

I think we have to work on the assumption that it is Sunday 15 July although we are still awaiting formal confirmation from Bognor.
Nomad

• Website

Postby slim shady » Tue Jun 26 2007, 07:43

Dave,

Can't you slip it a week or so....i'm on holiday till the 22nd...

Steve
Audere est Facere
slim shady

Postby Nomad » Tue Jun 26 2007, 08:55

it's all to do with availability of the Nyewood Lane pitch - this is the last date before they begin their pre-season friendlies. Having said that we are still awaiting confirmation.
Nomad

• Website

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Return to Nomad Forum FC