Memorial Match

[ Facebook comments]

Nomad Representative Matches

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Memorial Match

Postby crewealexfc » Tue Oct 23 2007, 22:39

I know there were plans for a memorial Match for Ben Steppell, has anybody thought about following it through? We could combine it and have Nomad representing Ben, Vs a Russell Penticost X1?

Just an idea....

I have already enquired with the Horsham YMCA groundsman as i was chatting to him about having a youth match on there, and depending on fixtures, he would be quite happy himself to put it on (Subject to Committee Approval)

Any Thoughts?
crewealexfc

Postby Geoff » Tue Oct 23 2007, 22:44

Love to do something Alex, we have the kit at my mums house. However we need people to step forward and take charge. It is totally impossible for me to organise anything from London, and Deano lives up this way to. Dave is busy with his book and full time work and we really need people to step forward. If anyone can do so, then we will definitely do something.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby topash1985 » Wed Oct 24 2007, 11:29

i am happy to help in a way. I am sure Walts will aswell.

ash
topash1985

Postby The Tye » Wed Oct 24 2007, 11:57

I dont mind doint it, Sounds a good idea, perhaps Dan Griffin at Storrington would like to organise the Russell Penticost XI?

Once we get someone willing to organise the opposition, we can sort out who wants to participate from our end, Venue is sorted it seems and if not, i wouldnt have thought it would be too difficult getting another & just a suitable date to organise.. I propose a Sunday afternoon, preferably this year, perhaps late November? What you think?
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby topash1985 » Wed Oct 24 2007, 12:55

good idea Ryan, lets liase with Geoff and deano about it.

Cheers

Ash
topash1985

Postby Nomad » Fri Oct 26 2007, 18:11

Geoff wrote:Love to do something Alex, we have the kit at my mums house. However we need people to step forward and take charge. It is totally impossible for me to organise anything from London, and Deano lives up this way to. Dave is busy with his book and full time work and we really need people to step forward. If anyone can do so, then we will definitely do something.

I can only reiterate Geoff's comments above - I'm completely bogged down and it's an effort to simply find time to get out on Saturdays at the moment. As Geoff says, we really need a few more bodies with a bit more time on their hands than him, Dean & myself.

For example I see that there has not been a single offer to take the kit off of Geoff's mum's hands. We have the kit - let's have a match!
Nomad

• Website

Postby Geoff » Mon Oct 29 2007, 11:00

I saw the kit yesterday for the first time. It's really nice, well embroidered badge, it'll look good when finally worn.

Is anyone willing to take care of it? Can you PM me please, it needs to be picked up from East Preston.

Cheers.
Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Dean Bradford » Thu Nov 01 2007, 14:48

I'll take care of it Geoff. I'm in Angmering Sunday!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Geoff » Wed Nov 07 2007, 16:50

ooops never saw this Deano... :oops:

It's in Ryan Mr Tye's capable hands and he's gonna get some piccies of it for me.
Geoff
Site Admin

Postby lcandpcc » Mon Dec 31 2007, 16:11

I am a member of Littlehampton cricket club and Ben Steppel was our 1xi scorer before he passed away. We heard that you were unsussesful in getting a team to play aginst the nomad xi. At littlehampton cricket club we would be interseted in setting up a game against the nomad xi in the memory of Ben Steppel.
lcandpcc

Postby Geoff » Thu Jan 03 2008, 15:42

I've had a pm 'conversation' with lcandpcc and we shall look into it in the coming weeks.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to Nomad Forum FC