[ Facebook comments]

Brighton, Hove & District League discussion

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Anyone?!

Postby Arsenal_Fan » Mon Oct 19 2009, 20:56

Hi guys

Any Brighton League players/managers about on the forums? There has always been a lack of posts relating to this league!
Arsenal_Fan

Re: Anyone?!

Postby tips » Tue Oct 20 2009, 08:44

Arsenal_Fan wrote:Hi guys

Any Brighton League players/managers about on the forums? There has always been a lack of posts relating to this league!

I know there are some Brighton League Nomadites around but I've always considered this as well. Not too sure why. Brighton League sides - for instance Hanover - have usually done well in cup competitions in the county. I suppose most just don't know about the forum.
tips

Twitter Acct: MattTiplady

Postby Arsenal_Fan » Tue Oct 20 2009, 09:23

Yeah its a shame. I play at the moment but have not really bothered posting as no one else seems to and I will be talking to myself!

How come Hanover folded anyway? Struggling for players?
Arsenal_Fan

Postby tips » Tue Oct 20 2009, 10:02

Arsenal_Fan wrote:Yeah its a shame. I play at the moment but have not really bothered posting as no one else seems to and I will be talking to myself!

I'm a keen follower of the Brighton League. I still keep in touch with people still involved in it and I always check the results and tables.

Arsenal_Fan wrote:How come Hanover folded anyway? Struggling for players?

In a nutshell, I think they were struggling to keep the side going due to injuries, people choosing to do other things on a saturday, etc. A few years ago, with the quality of players they had playing week in week out for them, I'm pretty sure they could of easily held their own in County 2, and probably could of been pushing for promotion too. Great side.

By the way, who's your team in the Brighton League??
tips

Postby Arsenal_Fan » Tue Oct 20 2009, 17:34

at American Express at the moment. Playing in the stiffs in Div 2.

Spent 6 years at Master Tiles however before we folded not too long ago.

are you tips as in tippers? Used to play for Rottingdean on a Sunday some years ago?
Arsenal_Fan

Postby tips » Tue Oct 20 2009, 20:56

Arsenal_Fan wrote:are you tips as in tippers? Used to play for Rottingdean on a Sunday some years ago?

:oops: :lol:
I cannot lie, 'tis me. I'm intrigued now as to your identity
tips

Postby Arsenal_Fan » Tue Oct 20 2009, 21:00

I played for that Rottingdean team!

Played in most positions, including GK, CB and WG!
Arsenal_Fan

Postby tips » Tue Oct 20 2009, 21:07

Arsenal_Fan wrote:Played in most positions, including GK, CB and WG!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
In terms of a goalkeeper, all I can recall is Mark Taylor filling in between the sticks and getting lobbed on his line!!

I seem to be hitting a brick wall, although something's drawing me towards the initials RW??
(Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree)
tips

Postby Arsenal_Fan » Tue Oct 20 2009, 21:37

Correct !
Arsenal_Fan

Postby tips » Wed Oct 21 2009, 08:45

Arsenal_Fan wrote:Correct !

Amex 1sts aren't too bad (or they certainly weren't a few seasons back - had some top players there), although I've got to ask though mate, what on Earth are you doing playing Div 2 Brighton League then?? Especially after six years with Master Tiles - must of been some culture shock??! Did a few of the MTs lot end end up there then??
tips

Postby Arsenal_Fan » Wed Oct 21 2009, 10:08

Amex 1st and 2nds are like two different clubs. The 2nds would probably beat the first team!

The first team is decent but not as good as in previous years. They had a player called Tom Burton playing in the middle of the park who is a class player. He left for Peacehaven last season however and without him they are not the same team.

The reserves have signed a lot of the Crew Club players as they folded about a month ago (meaning I have been relegated to the bench!).

This is my first season at Amex and got involved through a friend. Was at Rottingdean last season in County 3 but did not enjoy it at all. It is all taken very seriously with the standard not being that high!

Most of the Master Tiles players have retired due to old age Was a pleasure playing with Paul Stokes who used to play for Lewes. He was a class player.
Arsenal_Fan

Postby tips » Wed Oct 21 2009, 11:14

Arsenal_Fan wrote:They had a player called Tom Burton playing in the middle of the park who is a class player.

:lol:
Excellent player. He's in outstanding form at Peacehaven, he's still bagging hatfuls of goals at Senior level.

Arsenal_Fan wrote:Most of the Master Tiles players have retired due to old age Was a pleasure playing with Paul Stokes who used to play for Lewes. He was a class player.

He was an excellent asset for Master Tiles. It showed at that level what an intelligent player he was. Controlled everything for you guys. I always remember him and Nick Gunn for some reason - and Matt Hyde too but mainly as I knew of him outside of football.

Arsenal_Fan wrote:This is my first season at Amex and got involved through a friend. Was at Rottingdean last season in County 3 but did not enjoy it at all. It is all taken very seriously with the standard not being that high!

Well, if things don't work out for you and you fancy the crazy world of County 3 again, drop me a PM .
tips

Postby Arsenal_Fan » Wed Oct 21 2009, 13:51

Sent you a PM
Arsenal_Fan

Postby PBT » Mon Jul 26 2010, 04:04

Tips wrote:He was an excellent asset for Master Tiles. It showed at that level what an intelligent player he was. Controlled everything for you guys. I always remember him and Nick Gunn for some reason - and Matt Hyde too but mainly as I knew of him outside of football.

It was all about Joobzy & Gooey!
http://www.webteams.co.uk/afcaymer
http://www.webteams.co.uk/bne

PBT

Location: AFC Aymer, Brighton North End (RIP), O&G Utd, Rottingdean Village
  • Website

Post a reply

Return to Brighton, Hove & District