Newtown v Billingshurst part 2

[ Facebook comments]

Brighton, Hove & District League discussion

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Topic locked

Newtown v Billingshurst part 2

Postby petworthfc » Mon Oct 18 2010, 22:11

As manager of the WSFL Rep team i have had personal dealings with the management teams and players of both Newtown and Billingshurst and I have the following to say.

Jez Burton (Newtown manager) is one of the most successful managers the WSFL has ever seen and he has built a side that has always played attractive winning football, in style. I have seen them play on numerous occasions, and although they can mix it, their success has not been based on intimidation or physical force.

Martin Burford (Newtown Assistant Manager) is a knowledgeable guy who is very approachable and has been a big part of Newtowns recent success. He is not a confrontational person and is always rational and up for reasoned debate. He tallks a lot of sense and is highly regarded as one of the "brains" in WSFL football.

Jason Geall (Newtown Captain) is a cultured centre-back who often plays like he is relaxing in his favourite armchair! And Geally is the last Newtown player you would ever expect to get sent off for violent conduct. Totally out of character and his public apology speaks volumes for the decent fella he is.

Mark Betts (Billingshurst Manager) is one of local footballs "good guys". He has a lot of drive and ambition for his home town club and without characters like him around, the WSFL would be a lot poorer. He has made Billingshurst a force to be reckoned with in the Premier Division, and in my role as WSFL Rep Team manager I highly respect his opinion on players and teams. A very likeable guy who is as honest and fair as the day is long.

I can't comment on what went on Saturday as I wasn't there, but hopefully this is a one-off and both teams can get on with the rest of their season, without too much harm having been done.
petworthfc

Re: Newtown v Billingshurst part 2

Postby Gareth D » Tue Oct 19 2010, 08:32

And hopefully this draws a line under the whole episode....

Gareth D
Site Admin

Topic locked

Return to Brighton, Hove & District