Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

USA 0-1 Ghana

Postby chip » Sat Jun 26 2010, 19:16

Vs

Teams to follow.

TEAM NEWS
USA striker Robbie Findley is available after completing a one-match ban. Coach Bob Bradley could recall centre-back Oguchi Onyewu, who lost his place to Jonathan Bornstein against Algeria as part of a defensive reshuffle.

Ghana are again expected to be without defender Isaac Vorsah, who has missed the last two games because of a hamstring problem. His absence is likely to mean youngster Jonathan Mensah continues at centre-back alongside the similarly-named John Mensah.

One game from suspension: Cherundolo, DeMerit, Altidore, Beasley (USA); Andre Ayew, Vorsah, Tagoe, Jonathan Mensah, Addy, Annan (Ghana).

Head-to-head
- The only previous meeting was at the 2006 World Cup, when Ghana beat the USA 2-1 in their final group match.
chip

Re: USA 0-1 Ghana

Postby chip » Sat Jun 26 2010, 19:17

nice goal there by Ghana
chip

Re: USA 0-1 Ghana

Postby Rabbits XI » Sat Jun 26 2010, 22:23

I've got to say that I think its good for the tournament as a whole to have an African team progressing and if they get the support Ghana could beat Uruguay and would be great to see them in the Semi-Finals... I cant see them going any further than that though...

Sad to see so many empty seats though, poor organisation and distribution of tickets... These stadiums should be full, the World Cup comes round only every four years and when is it going to be in Africa again? 16-20 years or more?
Rabbits XI

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2010