ARUNDEL FC

[ Facebook comments]

Anything football or non football.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

ARUNDEL FC

Postby Sussexman » Sun Sep 18 2011, 10:07

My goodness i had the displeasure of watching the game yesterday and could not believe the Arundel side i saw,it looked like a very poor sunday side (no disrespect meant to sunday football) but 3 or 4 players, the defence was probably the poorest i have ever seen in the county for a long time, 1 player on particular who i shall not name in midfield wouldn't even get in a sunday side, i notice that Tipper, the lad Neighbour and Raynor were probably the only players who seemed to wanted to play football and the lad Wimble (when he come on) who i believed after asking has just come back from a groin injury. Looking and speaking to club supporters at this moment in time on yesterdays performance, Arundel will be the whipping boys of the county league div 1, please please restore some faith back into Arundel FC and get some defenders (four would be nice) and players with fighting spirit and passion for the game. I am an Arundel based man but not only a supporter of just Arundel but of many clubs locally.
Sussexman

Re: ARUNDEL FC

Postby saintsteve » Sun Sep 18 2011, 12:04

Wasn't at the game yesterday but having been told the squad I'm baffled as to why Arundel were so poor. Especially considering the last two results, 5-0 against Crowborough and 3-1 away to Redhill.

Bar a couple of players the squad is pretty much that of last season where the club finished 8th or 9th I believe? Maybe the league is alot tougher this year?

Maybe the loss of midfielder Matt Axell (to Ep) and goalkeeper Ben O'Connor (retired) is having a massive effect?
Or maybe the appointment of Gary Block has caused alot of damage which will take a while to fix?

Who knows, but great bunch of people at Arundel so hope they get out of this mess soon!
saintsteve

Postby Sussexman » Sun Sep 18 2011, 13:15

Have to agree with you possible upsets on both as above again, the problems what i saw yesterday was on the field, players look unhappy and worst of all terrible at the game,i too am very shock with the last two results i thought i was in for a treat but it seem the league is a problem for them,this is the second time i have seen them in action in the league this season and have twice seen this defence and there lies the problem not a criticism but a fact i'm afraid!!
Sussexman

Postby Owen John » Sun Sep 18 2011, 16:01

Or maybe we played well??
www.hassocksfc.net
Owen John

Postby saintsteve » Sun Sep 18 2011, 16:39

Like I said I wasn't at the game so I don't know, but judging by Arundel's results this season it's more than likely you didn't have to play that well.!
saintsteve

Postby Jones, Clarke - 1 0 » Sun Sep 18 2011, 17:34

Looking at the league table, could be a West treble....Arundel, Chichester and Selsey. Not been able to attend anything lately....man flu !! Heard that Chi in big trouble again, behind the scenes mess at Arundel and Selsey quite happy to sustain Division 1 status on fresh air. Pagham goin great guns on all fronts with Christmas the benchmark on all out for the title and promotion or budget dries up for another season. Amazin what the locals tell you !!
Jones, Clarke - 1 0

Postby Old Man In Boots » Mon Sep 19 2011, 06:20

To say "Behind the scenes mess" at Arundel is a bit dim considering that is without foundation and massively ironic coming from what appears to be a Leeds fan!

Knowing the 'behind the scenes' people at Arundel I doubt very much they are in the slightest of messes and that in fact, the club continues to be as well run as it always has been.

Every team that doesn't throw money at players struggles now and again, I guess this is just Arundel's turn but I'm sure they will sort that out in time.

And I wouldn't take too literally what the locals might tell you, one suspects they might be having a little fun at your expense!!
Eamonn Searle
Old Man In Boots

Postby Jones, Clarke - 1 0 » Mon Sep 19 2011, 06:43

Old Man In Boots wrote:To say "Behind the scenes mess" at Arundel is a bit dim considering that is without foundation and massively ironic coming from what appears to be a Leeds fan!

Knowing the 'behind the scenes' people at Arundel I doubt very much they are in the slightest of messes and that in fact, the club continues to be as well run as it always has been.

Every team that doesn't throw money at players struggles now and again, I guess this is just Arundel's turn but I'm sure they will sort that out in time.

And I wouldn't take too literally what the locals might tell you, one suspects they might be having a little fun at your expense!!

It was only the grapevine....and I'm glad all is well at Arundel, it would be awful to see our sides this side of the county dropping down divisions. Maybe the committee there should put out a statement to their locals to deter the gossipmongers. Leeds fan...sorry, no - just a memorable quote from the great Mr Coleman as my gooner father crumbled into an emotional mess that day....
Jones, Clarke - 1 0

Postby Old Man In Boots » Mon Sep 19 2011, 07:50

I think if everytime someone passed on a rumour the committee felt obliged to respond then we'd soon get bored of reading about it.

This forum is designed for discussion so I have no issue with you raising your points I just think that the information invaribly gets lost in translation the further it gets passed along the line.

On the plus side, how funny is it to see Mike May slating 'The Invincibles'? I'm surprised he hasn't gone out and purchased a Lingfield kit already!!
Eamonn Searle
Old Man In Boots

Postby Boulder » Mon Sep 19 2011, 09:58

Old Man In Boots wrote:I think if everytime someone passed on a rumour the committee felt obliged to respond then we'd soon get bored of reading about it.

This forum is designed for discussion so I have no issue with you raising your points I just think that the information invaribly gets lost in translation the further it gets passed along the line.

On the plus side, how funny is it to see Mike May slating 'The Invincibles'? I'm surprised he hasn't gone out and purchased a Lingfield kit already!!

:lol:
Playing Football, the best game in the World. JUST ENJOY IT, whilst you are able to.

Boulder

Postby GeordiePhantom » Mon Sep 19 2011, 11:29

Old Man In Boots wrote:I think if everytime someone passed on a rumour the committee felt obliged to respond then we'd soon get bored of reading about it.

lol

I can see it now.

"Item 4 on the agenda is the Nomad post saying that we're hapless as a committee"

"Can anybody think of a reply we can post?"

It would make committee meetings a lot more interesting.
http://www.milburntechnicalservices.co.uk

GeordiePhantom

Non League Club: Rustington FC
Pro Club: Newcastle United
Twitter Acct: @GeordieSabre
  • Website

Postby Jones, Clarke - 1 0 » Mon Sep 19 2011, 13:48

GeordiePhantom wrote:

lol

I can see it now.

"Item 4 on the agenda is the Nomad post saying that we're hapless as a committee"

"Can anybody think of a reply we can post?"

It would make committee meetings a lot more interesting.

Totally agree - Friends, Romans, Countrymen.....Off with their heads....sometimes it needs Forums for discussion to make Committees realise that there are problems though....if of course they read them too
Jones, Clarke - 1 0

Postby wallydownes33 » Tue Sep 20 2011, 19:09

saintsteve wrote:Wasn't at the game yesterday but having been told the squad I'm baffled as to why Arundel were so poor. Especially considering the last two results, 5-0 against Crowborough and 3-1 away to Redhill.

Bar a couple of players the squad is pretty much that of last season where the club finished 8th or 9th I believe? Maybe the league is alot tougher this year?

Maybe the loss of midfielder Matt Axell (to Ep) and goalkeeper Ben O'Connor (retired) is having a massive effect?
Or maybe the appointment of Gary Block has caused alot of damage which will take a while to fix?

Who knows, but great bunch of people at Arundel so hope they get out of this mess soon!

ANY RESON YOU DONT LIKE MR BLOCK? U DO NOTHING BUT SPEAK HIGHLY OF HIM :-/
wallydownes33

Post a reply

Return to General Discussion