Charity Stuff

[ Facebook comments]

Anything football or non football.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Charity Stuff

Postby sundayman » Mon Sep 19 2011, 11:24

Steyning Town helped raise £450 for one of its chosen charities yesterday. It got me thinking and I just wondered what charities other clubs supported and what they have done to support them and raise money recently?

Details of our match are below.

On Sunday 18th September Steyning Town FC helped raise £450 for one of its chosen charities, The Point Foundation, with the monies going towards the Noel Orphanage in Rwanda. In a keenly fought contest Steyning Veterans played against a Steyning Strikers select 11 and the youngsters twice came from behind to secure a deserved 2-2 draw.

The match was played in a great spirit with a healthy crowd watching.

Burgers, sweets, cakes and refreshments were served all afternoon, and there was a sweepstake on the timing of the first goal. The Point Foundation patron Sally Gunnell was in attendance.

Pictures and more details can be found at the link below:-

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 597&type=1

and learn more about the Point Foundation here:-

http://www.pointfoundation.co.uk/
sundayman

Re: Charity Stuff

Postby Gareth D » Mon Sep 19 2011, 14:53

When I was at Rustington we supported Cancer Research for a season after our skipper lost his mum to cancer.

We wore a pink away kit for the season with the charity across the front of the shirts, this culminated in a lot of money being made for the charity at every game we wore the kit (including great support from Horsham FC when we faced them in the cup)

Gave me great pride and really bought the best out of the group we had involved with the club.

Well done to all those at Steyning Town

Gareth D
Site Admin

Re: Charity Stuff

Postby orue » Mon Sep 19 2011, 20:05

I remember Ringmer FC collecting for S.A.D.S a few years back following the tragic loss of Herve King on the pitch during a game at the Caburn. I will never forget the silence in the ground as people fought to save Herve.
orue

Post a reply

Return to General Discussion