Best way to AMEX

[ Facebook comments]

Anything football or non football.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Best way to AMEX

Postby slackjack » Tue Sep 20 2011, 18:06

I hope this isn't moved as it is only relevant for 24 hours and I really do need an answer?

I went to the Senior cup at the Amex and had an excellent time but for the parking. Several people have said the park & ride is good, some say the train but I have also heard the opposite.

I am lucky enough to visit tomorrow evening and will travel from Worthing, the problem is that my Mrs is a midwife and is on call and I have to get back home as quickly as possible afterwards, bang goes my original plans.

So with a full stadium, what is the best way for me to get there and back in the least hassle way possible, fellow Nomadians?

Dear Moderator, I have posted here because I know there are many Brighton attendees on this particular forum and not the general discussion, please feel free to move/delete by tomorrow lunchtime, please?

Jon
slackjack

Re: Best way to AMEX

Postby Gareth D » Tue Sep 20 2011, 18:13

Having tried a few methods I would opt for the park and ride option, using the facility at Brighton Racecourse.

The racecourse tends to be the quieter option and access both to and from the ground is easy.

The train is an option, but unfortunately it's quite a bit of hassle midweek to get home and you will be lucky to get back to Worthing before 1130.

Weekends are a different story as you can have a couple of beers after the game and let things die down then jump on a train, however everyone is desperate to get home midweek, hence for me, park and right is the better option.

To date the park and ride sites haven't been that strict on collecting travel vouchers, but just be aware that at some stage these will be collected upon getting on the buses.

Gareth D
Site Admin

Postby slackjack » Tue Sep 20 2011, 18:17

GD, I was expecting some useless info' but not necessarily from you!
You on the other hand have been most helpful, where do these vouchers come from and isn't Mill Road a better option for my return over the A27?

Cheers Gareth
slackjack

Postby Gareth D » Tue Sep 20 2011, 18:52

Mill Rd is by far the busiest of the park and rides and although the better location it is also the most difficult to get out of, and you need to get there early before it gets too busy.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about getting a travel voucher as I doubt they will be collecting them tomorrow (famous last words) although they are available from any of the club shops during the day.

The other option of course is the train in and then to leave just before the end of the game, this way you are avoid all the hassle at Falmer and have every chance of a pretty straight forward trip back to Worthing.

Good luck.

Gareth D
Site Admin

Postby slackjack » Tue Sep 20 2011, 18:56

Looks like it's going to be the train, might have found a baysitter, so a few beers might be the order of the day and then I don't really care what happens. However, I will update on here Thursday as to what happened, if I do drive and thanks GD!
slackjack

Postby Old Man In Boots » Tue Sep 20 2011, 19:17

You and no point on the rampage!!
Eamonn Searle
Old Man In Boots

Postby octopus » Tue Sep 20 2011, 23:50

jon can i move it now you have your answer ??
if it aint broke dont fix it ;-)
octopus
Site Mod

Pro Club: Tottenham Hotspur FC
Twitter Acct: @croftysfootypic
  • Website

Postby slackjack » Wed Sep 21 2011, 07:24

Patience is a virtue Gaz, if you really can't wait the yes of course, if you can wait then I'll update tomorrow!
slackjack

Postby octopus » Wed Sep 21 2011, 07:42

slackjack wrote:Patience is a virtue Gaz, if you really can't wait the yes of course, if you can wait then I'll update tomorrow!

sorry jon but what is "Patience" lol

what stand are you in ? meet up for a beer ? pm me your mobile !!
if it aint broke dont fix it ;-)
octopus
Site Mod

Pro Club: Tottenham Hotspur FC
Twitter Acct: @croftysfootypic
  • Website

Postby slackjack » Wed Sep 21 2011, 07:45

I'm in the 1901 club, I'm arriving approx' 645pm, my number is 0777 555 8546, if there's time it'd be good to catch up!
slackjack

Post a reply

Return to General Discussion