John Terry

[ Facebook comments]

Anything football or non football.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

John Terry

Postby voice of the downs » Fri Sep 28 2012, 13:29

Well that's that then. The FA tribunal has found him guilty of using racist comments. His is therefore, as most have been saying for a long time, a racist. As for the "punishment". A 4 match ban. That is 1 more than that for a standard red card.So much for the FA trying to stamp out racism. That will really deter them. Joey Barton got a 12 match ban for hitting an opponent. It will be interesting to see how Chelsea implement their zero tolerance policy on racism. Will they throw him out of the club? Will they heck as like. Once again he will remain there and keep the captain's arm band, thus showing that Chelsea condone racism and their policy is just playing lip service to the authorities.
Say what you mean and mean what you say.
voice of the downs

Re: John Terry

Postby Geoff » Fri Sep 28 2012, 13:49

I prefer to believe Her Majesty's Court of Law than some jumped up banana republic style flogging that the FA seems to have introduced.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby voice of the downs » Fri Sep 28 2012, 14:02

He was found guilty of using abusive and/or insulting words. By his admission in court that he said those words, he admitted it. I didn't expect any other response from you Geoff. This was not a banana republic style flogging, but a properly convened FA tribunal set up to uphold the laws of the game. You would have said differently if they had let him off.
voice of the downs

Postby Geoff » Fri Sep 28 2012, 16:15

Strange that, could have sworn in a court of law, not a football court of delusion, he was found not guilty, perhaps I should start reading the tabloids for my information again.
Geoff
Site Admin

Postby voice of the downs » Fri Sep 28 2012, 17:55

You are correct. He was found not guilty of any criminal offence but he was found guilty of breaching FA laws. That's why he is only suspended from playing football and not banged up in Wormwood Scrubs. Unfortunately you, along with other Chelsea fans, cannot see any wrong with him. Get over it. I would still like to hear a statement from Chelsea regarding their zero tolerance on racism. What would your opinion on the tribunal have been if he was cleared?
voice of the downs

Postby Geoff » Sat Sep 29 2012, 00:06

voice of the downs wrote:You are correct. He was found not guilty of any criminal offence but he was found guilty of breaching FA laws. That's why he is only suspended from playing football and not banged up in Wormwood Scrubs. Unfortunately you, along with other Chelsea fans, cannot see any wrong with him. Get over it. I would still like to hear a statement from Chelsea regarding their zero tolerance on racism. What would your opinion on the tribunal have been if he was cleared?

And sadly, some people see nothing past hatred and will grab at any string they are given. If he was found not guilty in Her Majesties Courts then he is not guilty. For the FA to turn it around is arrogance on their part and pressure from the media. I have nothing to get over, I have no chips on my shoulder, I abide by the court of law and what their verdict is, not the FA's jumped up losers. There are many thousands of players and managers all over the country from grass roots upwards that are found guilty of breaching FA rules/laws... why are you so adamant about John Terry? Allow your hatred to come down from boiling point and understand that the guy has been found not guilty in a court of real law, not a banana republic law.

I feel your argument is null and void, move on, don't let it eat you up.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post a reply

Return to General Discussion