Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

I am Speechless

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

I am Speechless

Postby Mike May » Sat Nov 24 2018, 19:30

Has this Forum now closed down?
Mike May

Re: I am Speechless

Postby wibby » Sat Nov 24 2018, 22:18

As your erstwhile friend and fellow correspondent Goat might say, there appears to have been an unexplained procrastination of relevant current Sussex Footy data and opinions. I have it on good authority from the CEO of the prediction leagues that said procrastination has concluded and normal service has been resumed.

As to the cause of the procrastination, well, not being an Information Techological guru, I’m rather embarrassed to advise I can offer no plausible explanation other than, perhaps, someone forgot to put the 50p in the meter. I must away, The celebrities (?) of the Australian Jungle demand my attention.
why don't you stick it in and turn it, if you want a piece of me then you've got to earn it
wibby

Postby Geoff » Sun Nov 25 2018, 12:37

Speechless or scribbleless? :wink:

I inadvertently let the domain name run out and had to do some Del boy like tactics in order to get it back. All is well.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby Mike May » Sun Nov 25 2018, 19:28

Fantastico, my pen is itching to get scratching!
Mike May

Postby Goat » Tue Nov 27 2018, 09:44

wibby wrote:As your erstwhile friend and fellow correspondent Goat might say, there appears to have been an unexplained procrastination of relevant current Sussex Footy data and opinions. I have it on good authority from the CEO of the prediction leagues that said procrastination has concluded and normal service has been resumed.

As to the cause of the procrastination, well, not being an Information Techological guru, I’m rather embarrassed to advise I can offer no plausible explanation other than, perhaps, someone forgot to put the 50p in the meter. I must away, The celebrities (?) of the Australian Jungle demand my attention.

One should not conclude that my bouts of florid articulation are indicative of the fact that my good self is haloed by self-righteousness or that I am a pompous popinjay with a rumpolean persona. I certainly don't possess such a high opinion of myself that I believe I should be referred to as 'Everest'.I certainly do not have an ego sprouting with the alacrity of Clematis Montana.I am certainly NO omniscient sage.

:mrgreen:
“Put silk on a goat, and it's still a goat.” !!
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby Big Dave » Thu Nov 29 2018, 09:31

Mike May wrote:Fantastico, my pen is itching to get scratching!

Nice to see Nomad is back up & running. Basking in the sunshine here in Spain i have missed trying to get my head around the daily incoherent submissions from 'dear old' Mike May. I am still of course trying to fully understand that 'Lingfield' legend Goat but that is another problem. Maybe the 'little grey cells' don't work so well nowadays.
Of course it may just be the daily intake of cheap Spanish red wine & free tapas. But hey, what is retirement for anyway.

Dave 8) :goodgrief:
If you know your history
Big Dave

Non League Club: CD Huetor Tajar
Pro Club: Everton & Barcelona

Postby Goat » Fri Nov 30 2018, 11:48

Big Dave wrote:
Mike May wrote:Fantastico, my pen is itching to get scratching!

Nice to see Nomad is back up & running. Basking in the sunshine here in Spain i have missed trying to get my head around the daily incoherent submissions from 'dear old' Mike May. I am still of course trying to fully understand that 'Lingfield' legend Goat but that is another problem. Maybe the 'little grey cells' don't work so well nowadays.
Of course it may just be the daily intake of cheap Spanish red wine & free tapas. But hey, what is retirement for anyway.

Dave 8) :goodgrief:

The estimable mensch 'Mike May' has been proselytising about a linkage between my good self and Lingfield FC, but I can assure the great and good on the hallowed NOMAD that this is certainly NOT the actualite and that such an assertion goes beyond the facts.

My participation in a debate centred on Lingfield FC in bygone days led 'Mr May' to conclude that my allegiance was towards the Surrey outfit but alas this was highly chemirical and inaccurate to boot.

As I have asserted on several occasions, I have resided in my 'Pied a terre' in East Preston for many,many moons and my allegiance is towards my local team. Sadly due to my demanding work commitments I cannot be in attendance with great regularity but rest assured when I cannot be present at their encounters I am with them in mind if not body.

Jolly good luck to East Preston tomorrow when they entertain Peacehaven & Telscombe.

:-h
~ Irish saying
Goat

Postby Mike May » Sat Dec 01 2018, 12:05

Ah, glad to hear the name of East Preston mentioned, might you at this juncture care to comment on your result a fortnight ago? :))
Mike May

Postby Goat » Sun Dec 02 2018, 16:11

Mike May wrote:Ah, glad to hear the name of East Preston mentioned, might you at this juncture care to comment on your result a fortnight ago? :))

My good self is delighted to be reminded of the 5-0 victory at the 'Haven' in the SCFA Senior Cup !

:)) :)) :))
~ Irish saying
Goat

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues