Follow @Nomad4rum
Find us on facebook

A win at last!

[ Facebook comments]

Popular forum for Combination, Isthmian & National League issues.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

A win at last!

Postby BarryStGermain » Mon Dec 03 2018, 11:09

I have missed four Lancing matches this season out of twenty nine games - Our away victories against Broadbridge Heath and Loxwood and home wins against Arundel and Little Common. As a result I was getting a bit of a reputation as a Jonah, especially having witnessed 2 draws and 10 defeats since September 18th. I am pleased to say that my hoodoo finally came to an end on Saturday as the Lancers won away to Crawley Down Gatwick in an entertaining 2-1 victory. Huge credit to CDG in getting the match on and the pitch looked immaculate despite storm Diana. Both sides could have had reason to complain about the officiating, the ref missing a clear handball in the build-up to the CDG opener and turning down what looked like a reasonable Anvils appeal for a penalty shortly afterwards. However Lancing went in level following Matt Daniel slotting the ball home following a scramble in the hosts penalty area. The yellows defended brilliantly, calmed by the experienced influence of Matt Evans in goal and showed energy and tenacity in midfield. On the 82nd minute a brilliant run down the right by Daniel Momah led to an excellent cross which was headed powerfully home for Matt Daniels to get his second. Lancing were clinging on at the end as we somehow went beyond 5pm in a game with no real stoppages but the win was deserved and it was lucky 13 for me and a bonus point in the prediction league! Come on you yellows.
BarryStGermain

Non League Club: Dover Athletic and Lancing FC
Pro Club: na
Twitter Acct: Barrystgermain1

Return to Southern Combination, Isthmian & National Leagues