Rustingtonfc web site ??

[ Facebook comments]

Website links, Programmes, etc.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Rustingtonfc web site ??

Postby frank » Sat Apr 04 2009, 08:56

I do not seem to able to get Rustingtons website? I always like to check on their progress.
I do hope theres nothing wrong.

Can Geordie advise?
frank

Postby GeordiePhantom » Sat Apr 04 2009, 09:16

Frank

Thanks for your concern, and I appreciate you visiting our website for your info.

I currently do 15 websites, some of which are live at the moment, others go on line for the new season, including the taking over of the Nomad information site wihich will probably include squad details and pen profiles for all of the county league players for programme guys to use. This is an issue close to my heart as I currently do the Rustington Programme as well.

In this global recession, the Company I work for has made staff cuts and as General Manager, I had to take a 25% pay decrease in order to carry on in my position.

As this happens to coincide with the renewals of all my website hosting I felt it prudent to switch from the current provider One & One, to my other provider Easyspace, as they offer a better deal for hosting all of the sites.

I thought that it was going to be a quick switch, but unfortunately One & One aren;t keen to let me change my tags which allows a web browser to know where to look for a site. Therefore when you type rustingtonfc.com it tries to go to One & One where the site isn't residing now.

Nominet, the domain registrar are assisting me in this and I am assured that these tags will be switched during the coming week and it should be back to business for me.

Once again, thanks for your interest, and I hope to serve you again in the coming week.

Regards

Richard Milburn
http://www.milburntechnicalservices.co.uk

GeordiePhantom

Non League Club: Rustington FC
Pro Club: Newcastle United
Twitter Acct: @GeordieSabre
  • Website

Postby Geoff » Sat Apr 04 2009, 11:56

15 websites? Are you some kind of nutter? :lol:

One and One are bloody awful for allowing you to migrate elsewhere. I still have one and one web space but never use it now.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby GeordiePhantom » Sat Apr 04 2009, 12:00

Geoff wrote:15 websites? Are you some kind of nutter? :lol:

One and One are bloody awful for allowing you to migrate elsewhere. I still have one and one web space but never use it now.

Yes I am a nutter, but I love my County Football!

One and One are being awful about this. My deal with Easyspace meant that it was daft to keep two hosts but One and One are refusing to release my tags, so I am having to get Nominet to do it for me. After all, I am the legal owner of the domain names.

GeordiePhantom

• Website

Postby Geoff » Sat Apr 04 2009, 12:03

But you probably got the domains free as part of the package, I know they say they are yours but there seems to be some grey area with that. But although their web space is very reliable, their customer service absolutely sucks.

Good luck nutter!
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby GeordiePhantom » Tue Apr 07 2009, 08:56

Geoff wrote:But you probably got the domains free as part of the package, I know they say they are yours but there seems to be some grey area with that. But although their web space is very reliable, their customer service absolutely sucks.

Good luck nutter!

No grey area Geoff. yes the domains come free with hosting, but I was with them for a full year so they are mine, all mine.

BTW Frank.
Web back up for you m8.

GeordiePhantom

• Website

Postby frank » Sat May 09 2009, 09:00

Good bye and good luck for the future Geordie, you sure done a good job at Rustington.
Wick will have one hell of a new web site next season and i will look forward reading it .
I do hope there is no ill feeling between you and the committee at Rustington, it would seem a shame that a bad taste was left in your mouth and not the taste of a (1664).

Can you confirm that somebody at Rustington will left there still able to feed the internet with local information about the club seeing that yourself and Rusty G will no longer be there, what about Zola and Finger will they part of a new set up or will they move on aswell?

Look forward to seing you at one of the local grounds.
frank

Postby GeordiePhantom » Sat May 09 2009, 09:54

Thanks for your comments Frank.

I have absolutely no ill feelings towards the RFC committee, they have their opinions and I have mine. But after 5 years dedicating myself to Football Programmes and Websites I feel I have a more informed opinion of what should and shouldn't be included in both of these types of media.

I have always given my input free of charge and even in the last 18 months paid for it myself and allowed the club to receive the money that the programmes raised. To then occasionally be ignored and dictated to was too much.

Regarding the RFC website, I very much doubt that anyone in the club will feed information as that was purely done by Gareth and myself. No-one at the club understands that supporters actually want to know information about thoses they support on a regular basis. It's not just about showing a League Table or a List Of Results. This is where the experience of those who do, counts.

My ultimate goal in the next five years would be to become a Football Club Chairman but at the moment I just do not have the experience necessary. I have the ideas and the thirst and drive but I need to gain more experience of those around who already have it.

The opportunity at Wick was too good to turn down. I get to do what I enjoy without having to worry about how to pay for the Programme & Website as the club have agreed to pay these costs, safe in the knowledge that it makes money as well as giving a valuable and professional approach to the supporter.

I am thrilled at getting the opportunity to work with Carl & Vic and I hope I can learn a lot from them.

See you soon Frank.

GeordiePhantom

• Website

Postby Mystery » Sun May 10 2009, 09:41

What exactly will you be doing at Wick Geordie?
Mystery

Postby GeordiePhantom » Sun May 10 2009, 10:03

Mystery wrote:What exactly will you be doing at Wick Geordie?

I will be doing the First Team Match Programme and the Club Website.

Any other things are subject to further discussions with Carl.

GeordiePhantom

• Website

Post a reply

Return to Club Stuff