[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2006 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

England 2 - 0 Trinidad & Tabago

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 16 2006, 07:11

Great result!

I thought we played well, could have been better but a win is a win, plus it was great to see Wayne in action.

I think Lennon coming on made a huge difference. Owen, again was poor but the man Crouch can't stop scoring which is good news (plus a great bit of hair pulling)

The only thing which disappointed was no Croucher Robotics , maybe next time!
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby sadfoot » Fri Jun 16 2006, 08:05

Played well - your havin a laugh,which game were you watchin. For the first 80mins I though, whats happened to attractive fast passing game, I think we have to change things (Owen, Carrick?) to compete with the better teams.
sadfoot

Postby Chopper » Fri Jun 16 2006, 09:13

I thought we did alright. They had nine or ten men behind the ball for the entirety of the game, and I felt we got what we deserved in the end.

We were pretty dominant in terms of possession, and in spite of what the pleb of a commentator was saying about "Trinidad could have had a goal or two by now", so could we.*

We didn't stop pressing them, and eventually got our reward.

Seems that Mr. Marchant had a point about playing Crouch and Rooney together the other day. It's Owen who's blatantly not ready to be playing yet... And no substitute appearance from Hargrieves either! Things are definitely on the up!

* What is it about commentators that they'd rather look at the one thing the underdog has done right, rather than the five or six things the favourites did.

Chopper

• Website

Postby Geoff » Fri Jun 16 2006, 09:27

sadfoot wrote:Played well - your havin a laugh,which game were you watchin. For the first 80mins I though, whats happened to attractive fast passing game, I think we have to change things (Owen, Carrick?) to compete with the better teams.

Here we go again, pessimism at it's best! We won 2-0 whatever you feel the need to complain about (or are you Scottish?).
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby The Tye » Fri Jun 16 2006, 09:32

Its always said that a succesful side should be able to play badly and still win!

ENGLAND DID JUST THAT!

so lets just hope they are succesful!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby jbwhito » Fri Jun 16 2006, 12:07

sadfoot wrote:Played well - your havin a laugh,which game were you watchin. For the first 80mins I though, whats happened to attractive fast passing game, I think we have to change things (Owen, Carrick?) to compete with the better teams.

shut up u nonce! what are you? a reporter? why so negative! i thought England thourally deserved the 2-0, yes it was left late, but you could always feel it was coming. 6 points from 6, and i bet anyone would have taken a 2-0 win before the game, especially after seeing sweden held to a 0-0. Were through, concentrate on that!

**CROUCHIGOL** what a legend, 9 caps 6 goals!

jbwhito

Postby MITCHELL » Tue Jun 20 2006, 07:10

:lol: Boring 80 minutes then great last 10 minutes did it as an Explorer Scouts night so had the air horns etc out great fun what a noise you can make in a small scout hut.
http://www.horleytownfc.btck.co.uk/
www.horleytownfc.info./

MITCHELL

Non League Club: Horley Town FC
Pro Club: West Ham United
  • Website

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006