Saturday's Team ??

[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2006 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Saturday's Team ??

Postby Rusty G » Tue Jun 27 2006, 11:07

Feel really positive ahead of Saturday !!

No excuses really.

For me -

------------------------------- Robinson -----------------------------

-- Neville ---------------Ferdinand --- Terry ----------------A Cole -

-- Beckham ---------------- Carrick ------------------------J Cole --

----------------- Gerrard ----------------- Lampard ------------------

----------------------------- --Rooney----------------------------------

Anyone alse think it will be different ??
Account no longer in use.
Rusty G

Postby The Tye » Tue Jun 27 2006, 11:09

Has Neville been Confirmed fit to play?

The only doubt i would have from that line up is that Svenmay feel it Harsh on Hargreaves who has had 2 ok games, otherwise the rest picks itself!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby **** » Tue Jun 27 2006, 11:11

providing neville is passed fit i cant see it being any diffrent. no doubt people will post what they want and think the team should be but seriously can you see sven playin anything diffrent from rustys post? (providing neville is fit)

Postby The Tye » Tue Jun 27 2006, 11:15

Like i already said, I think it will be between Hargreaves & Carrick providing Neville is fit! Hargreaves did ok in that holding role against Sweden and then OK against Ecuador at Right Back! so Sven may feel he merits a start???
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby Downer and Out » Tue Jun 27 2006, 11:22

For me it should be Hargreaves in place of Carrick.

Portugal are going to have a lot of possesion and we need someone in the middle of the park to break it up - i dont think Carrick is that player.

Also feel that Hargreaves performance against Sweden was better than Carrick's against Ecuador so he deserves the place.
Downer and Out

Postby Fingers » Tue Jun 27 2006, 11:23

I think Hargreaves will start in the holding role instead of Carrick if Gary is fit. We have hargreaves and JT on yellows so an early 4-0 lead and then sub JT for Brazil game.
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Owen & Neville

Postby GeordiePhantom » Tue Jun 27 2006, 11:38

I've heard (on the back of the Sun) that Sven has arranged for Gary Nevilles leg to be amputated and grafted onto Michael Owen's injured one to allow us to have a decent striker on the field.

Is this true?

It was also in National Enquirer and Punch along with the Double decker bus on Mars with Elvis in the driving seat, having lunch with a couple of Martians while watching Nessie swimming by.

GeordiePhantom

Non League Club: Rustington FC
Pro Club: Newcastle United
Twitter Acct: @GeordieSabre
  • Website

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 27 2006, 13:32

I would drop Lampard, stick Beckham in the middle with Stevie G and then try Aaron Lennon on the right, as good as Lampard is he is not having a good tournament, Lennon is desperate to impress and has so much energy he could scare the @!#& out of Portugal.

As for Gary Neville's leg being grafted onto Micheal Owen, I really hope its true, i'm sure Micheal would welcome the use of a new leg even if it does belong to a Neville.
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby Fingers » Tue Jun 27 2006, 13:39

Dave wrote:I would drop Lampard, stick Beckham in the middle with Stevie G and then try Aaron Lennon on the right, as good as Lampard is he is not having a good tournament, Lennon is desperate to impress and has so much energy he could scare the @!#& out of Portugal.

Dave is it hot in your office this afternoon? The biggest game this country has had for four years and you would drop the top goalscoring midfielder in the premiership not to mention top scorer in qualifying. Lampard has also had most shots at goal this tournament for us aswell. Its a matter of time before he turns in a vintage Lampard display. Our midfield picks itself. Lennon will play his part but not as a starter but as impact substitute.
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Postby Rusty G » Tue Jun 27 2006, 13:41

Drop Lampard ??

you what, can't believe people have been so quick to criticise him ?? He has had the most shots on target over any other player in the tournament (fact) and IMO is one of the key players if we are to stand any chance in this competition, hasn't done himself any favours, only in the fact that he was so good last season in the Premiership and we come to expect it every game now !!

He will come good and I wouldn't bank against him notching against Portugal Saturday.

Really does annoy me how fickle England supporters can be, we want the perfect performance every game, want our players to be brilliant every game and if we don't reach the expected standard we are the most critical supporters in the world.

Come on England !!!

Dave,

Your not Chris Couzens in disguise are you ??
Rusty G

Postby Fingers » Tue Jun 27 2006, 13:45

Rusty G wrote:Your not Chris Couzens in disguise are you ??

Can he stomach more than 2 pints before going onto Vodka and red bull and then passing out after 3 drinks. There's lighweights then there's CC.
Paddy Power = Legend
Fingers

• Website

Postby fanbase » Tue Jun 27 2006, 13:46

Fingers wrote:
Dave wrote:I would drop Lampard, stick Beckham in the middle with Stevie G and then try Aaron Lennon on the right, as good as Lampard is he is not having a good tournament, Lennon is desperate to impress and has so much energy he could scare the @!#& out of Portugal.

Dave is it hot in your office this afternoon? The biggest game this country has had for four years and you would drop the top goalscoring midfielder in the premiership not to mention top scorer in qualifying. Lampard has also had most shots at goal this tournament for us aswell. Its a matter of time before he turns in a vintage Lampard display. Our midfield picks itself. Lennon will play his part but not as a starter but as impact substitute.

He might well be scoring well in the Premiership but in this competition I don't think he has hit the target once. It's might be only a matter of time before he comes good but, can we afford to wait.
fanbase

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 27 2006, 13:58

Fingers wrote:Dave is it hot in your office this afternoon? The biggest game this country has had for four years and you would drop the top goalscoring midfielder in the premiership.

Air con is cooling me nicely. Its a tough decision for Sven to make but how long can you keep playing someone who is consistently missing chances. I rate Lampard a lot but wouldn't Stevie G play better alongside Becks in the middle???
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby Lord Zola » Tue Jun 27 2006, 14:00

fanbase wrote:
Fingers wrote:

He might well be scoring well in the Premiership but in this competition I don't think he has hit the target once. It's might be only a matter of time before he comes good but, can we afford to wait.

If you want to win the World Cup, your forwards have to come good and score goals. You can't drop a center midfeld player just because he's gone 4 games without a goal, most only get 5 or 6 all season in the Premiership. Lampard has perhaps become a victim of his own success, and it's unfair to expect him to score in nearly every game he plays, he is after all a midfield player and not a forward. I think he's looked the most likely player to score for us, and I include the forwards in that statement.

As for CC, what a profit of doom that bloke is. One miss-placed pass, and your not fit to wear the shirt! :lol:
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby Rusty G » Tue Jun 27 2006, 14:01

Becks isn't a central midfielder !!

cast your mind back to Northern Ireland !!

Best crosser of the ball in the world, and stick him in central midfield

There is always JENAS
Rusty G

Next

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006