Find us on facebook

MAKE SURE HE DOESNT GET YOUNG PLAYER - RONALDO

[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2006 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Postby *JBFC11* » Fri Jul 07 2006, 06:58

bakes wrote:just voted for c, ronaldo thought he was the best young player of the tornament.

Are you scottish?
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby MITCHELL » Fri Jul 07 2006, 07:10

bakes wrote:just voted for c, ronaldo thought he was the best young player of the tornament.

Are you Irish
http://www.horleytownfc.btck.co.uk/
www.horleytownfc.info./

MITCHELL

Non League Club: Horley Town FC
Pro Club: West Ham United
  • Website

Postby The Tye » Fri Jul 07 2006, 08:32

Tosser!
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby Mr Musselman » Fri Jul 07 2006, 09:28

Taken from BBC Website:

Germany striker Lucas Podolski has won the Fifa young player of the World Cup award after a series of fine displays.
The 20-year-old has scored three goals in six matches so far, including a brace in the hosts' 2-0 second round victory over Sweden in Munich.

He scored against Ecuador too and beat off competition from Cesc Fabregas, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Valencia and Tranquilo Barnetta.

No England players were shortlisted for the prize.

There was a concerted email campaign by England fans to deny Ronaldo of the award.

The Portuguese winger, pilloried for his part in the sending off of Wayne Rooney, was leading the Fifa website vote by a huge margin.

But an email urging fans to vote for Ecuador's Luis Valencia instead led to an incredible 24-hour turnaround.

The hate campaign started after the quarter-final between England and Portugal in Gelsenkirchen, when Ronaldo was pushed by Manchester United team-mate Rooney, just before the England striker received a red card.

Ronaldo was caught on camera apparently winking at the bench after Rooney's dismissal, infuriating England fans.

Podolski won the prize because Fifa had the final say, chosen by a 14-man panel.

Mr Musselman

Twitter Acct: @shorehamfc
  • Website

Postby Fingers » Fri Jul 07 2006, 10:02

He deserves it to be fair to him. He a Klose worked well up front together. Good to see Ronaldo didnt get it in the end. His diving and theatrics went against him in the end.

Now lets see if he ends up at Real Madrid or does actually have the bottle to return to United. The only way I can see it happening is if Fergie makes the two of them shake hands at a live press conference. I pretty sure Fergie wont want to lose Ronaldo but I think public opinion will sway him in this case, plus Ronaldo has been quoted as saying he wants to leave old trafford aswell anyway.
Fingers

• Website

Postby bakes » Fri Jul 07 2006, 10:57

im not trying to start a riot, i just honestly dont think what ronaldo did was that bad, i honestly think if he had stamped on rooneys balls a few of the england players would be in the refs face. i dont think most english fans would of had a problem with that. just because he plays in the premiership doesnt mean he should be treated any differnt to anyone else in international games. completely agree the diving he does is bulls*it but the man u fans dont seem to think he should be sold when he does it for them in the league? dont just call me a twat, can u not see anything in what im saying. yes i wanted to stamp on his head last saturday too!!
bakes

Postby A.L.B » Fri Jul 07 2006, 11:07

GO HOME! :lol:

A.L.B

Postby *JBFC11* » Fri Jul 07 2006, 12:56

bakes wrote:im not trying to start a riot, i just honestly dont think what ronaldo did was that bad, i honestly think if he had stamped on rooneys balls a few of the england players would be in the refs face. i dont think most english fans would of had a problem with that. just because he plays in the premiership doesnt mean he should be treated any differnt to anyone else in international games. completely agree the diving he does is bulls*it but the man u fans dont seem to think he should be sold when he does it for them in the league? dont just call me a twat, can u not see anything in what im saying. yes i wanted to stamp on his head last saturday too!!

It wouldn't have got to the point where Ronaldo wud have stamped on an england players nuts as he wud have dived and rolled around on the floor after the first tackle.

Sadly, probably what Rooney shud have done

Now, lets schedule this riot! :lol: :lol:
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby alfie » Sat Jul 08 2006, 08:20

Whenever someones opinion differs from the majority, this forum turns nasty and personal. Why can't some of you realise that not everyone agrees with you and let them have their say without resorting to childish name calling.
If bakes thinks Ronaldo was the best player that is opinion and you do not have to agree with him, but let him have his say.
alfie

Postby Mosqueteira do Parque » Sat Jul 08 2006, 11:08

alfie wrote:Whenever someones opinion differs from the majority, this forum turns nasty and personal. Why can't some of you realise that not everyone agrees with you and let them have their say without resorting to childish name calling.
If bakes thinks Ronaldo was the best player that is opinion and you do not have to agree with him, but let him have his say.

Couldn't agree more !

Mosqueteira do Parque

Postby Geoff » Sat Jul 08 2006, 11:23

I tend to agree with Bakes, but that doesn't make Ronaldo any less of a cheat, and his performance against France gave me no reason to think what he did against England was a one off. I do however think we need a scapegoat for our inept showing in the World Cup ... Ronaldo has given us that escape hatch.

Previous World Cup scapegoats;
1986 - Maradona
1998 - Beckham
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby *JBFC11* » Sat Jul 08 2006, 14:12

alfie wrote:Whenever someones opinion differs from the majority, this forum turns nasty and personal. Why can't some of you realise that not everyone agrees with you and let them have their say without resorting to childish name calling.

At what point did I resort to name calling? I said "Are you Scottish" in banter and in reference to the scot's quest to make sure Ronaldo won the award that rivalled England's quest to make sure he didn't.

Just for further reference, FIFA's official reason for Podolski pipping Ronaldo: Ronaldo's play acting and card jesturing!!

thanka u!!!
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby alfie » Sat Jul 08 2006, 18:04

*JBFC11* wrote:

At what point did I resort to name calling? I said "Are you Scottish" in banter and in reference to the scot's quest to make sure Ronaldo won the award that rivalled England's quest to make sure he didn't.

Just for further reference, FIFA's official reason for Podolski pipping Ronaldo: Ronaldo's play acting and card jesturing!!

thanka u!!!

Methinks you protest too much.!! At no time did I mention names in reference to the name calling. Could it be a guilty conscience. As the saying goes " If the cap fits........."
alfie

Postby *JBFC11* » Sat Jul 08 2006, 18:10

alfie wrote:
*JBFC11* wrote:

thanka u!!!

Methinks you protest too much.!! At no time did I mention names in reference to the name calling. Could it be a guilty conscience. As the saying goes " If the cap fits........."

Not at all mate, but at least they've stuck to the subject of the thread.

How would my conscience be guilty, firstly shud read my posts and secondly I wouldn't give a monkeys as personally I think your a piece!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a good weekend guys, it's beer time!!
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby alfie » Sat Jul 08 2006, 18:31

*JBFC11* wrote:
alfie wrote:
*JBFC11* wrote:

thanka u!!!

Not at all mate, but at least they've stuck to the subject of the thread.

How would my conscience be guilty, firstly shud read my posts and secondly I wouldn't give a monkeys as personally I think your a piece!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a good weekend guys, it's beer time!!

Oh dear and just don't you or anyone else dare to disagree with the mighty jbfc11. I don't really know, or care , what "a piece"is but I can only guess that it is less than complmentary.
alfie

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006