Find us on facebook

Zidane....a disgrace!

[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2006 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Postby sadfoot » Mon Jul 10 2006, 12:28

I think Materazzi wound Craig Bellamy up in a similar way once as Bellamy punched him in the stomach, he obviously knows the right words although not difficult to annoy Bellamy who admits to having an argument with himself if no one else there.
sadfoot

News Update

Postby GeordiePhantom » Mon Jul 10 2006, 13:10

It's just been on BBC News from ZZ's agent that

"The Italian said something to ZiZou that was extremely insulting to himself, his family and his countrymen"

Unfortunately I think this dispells the "Nipple Cripple" urban legend. Although I have to say that I prefer the NC as it is much funnier.

GeordiePhantom

Non League Club: Rustington FC
Pro Club: Newcastle United
Twitter Acct: @GeordieSabre
  • Website

Postby wicked man » Mon Jul 10 2006, 21:23

i meant that the step between being a genius and being insane is very close
wicked man

Postby *JBFC11* » Mon Jul 10 2006, 22:00

Just watched the news.

Apparantly Materazi said "I slept with your mother last night" and then as Zidane walked away he said "Your mother is an Algerian whore".

ZZ's mum was taken into hospital ill a few days before the World Cup Final.
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby voice of the downs » Tue Jul 11 2006, 10:38

If he is going to react to wind ups like that. what do you think all the opposing defenders are going to do. To lose your rag like that over a few insults does not bode too well for the future. Also if that had been done on the street, he would be charged with assault. He is nothing more than a common thug.IMO
voice of the downs

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 11 2006, 10:48

If I was playing football and someone said something about my mum I would normally let it go and give them a nice two footer down the shins at the next available opportunity.

However, if my mum and just been taken ill into hospital and someone said something, I would do something similar to Zizou, Matterazzi is a dirty italian cheat and should be disciplined in some way
IMO.
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby The Tye » Tue Jul 11 2006, 10:54

Dave wrote:If I was playing football and someone said something about my mum I would normally let it go and give them a nice two footer down the shins at the next available opportunity.

However, if my mum and just been taken ill into hospital and someone said something, I would do something similar to Zizou, Matterazzi is a dirty italian cheat and should be disciplined in some way
IMO.
The Tye
Site Mod

Postby Fingers » Tue Jul 11 2006, 11:23

I dont care what anyone says, things are said on the football field every 10 seconds, some players make it their job to wind up players and try and make them react. ZZ simply had a moment of madness and you cant condone actions like that on or off the football field. Whatever Matterazzi has said doesnt warrant a flying headbutt. ZZ probably had a quick look saw the refs back was turned and the lino not looking and thought right, whack. He probably thought they cant ban after the game as its my last game. I would be very surprised if the 4th official didnt use TV replay to see it. If he did then in the current laws ZZ shouldnt have been sent off as no officials saw the event first hand although a sending was clearly the right action to take. TV replays should be common practice in the professional game especially considering the revenue football creates around the world. Million pound decisions are made by one little man with a whistle. How many other industries allow one person so much liability?
Fingers

• Website

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 11 2006, 12:46

Well fingers,

if you remember a few of us gave you our money plus the responsibilty of looking after it for a competition you were running, IMO there is much more responsibility in that than refereeing a pointless world cup final with no England team!!!

Dave

Postby Fingers » Tue Jul 11 2006, 12:56

Dave wrote:Well fingers,

if you remember a few of us gave you our money plus the responsibilty of looking after it for a competition you were running, IMO there is much more responsibility in that than refereeing a pointless world cup final with no England team!!!

What? thats not really responsibility its trustworthyness (if thats a word). In fairness if I was holding a Million Pounds of everyones money I'd be living off the interest from the last 4 weeks but £55 worth of interest doesnt really earn much. Speaking of which you owe me £26.50 and Im trusting you that the points were calculated correctly.
Fingers

• Website

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 11 2006, 14:00

Your right, I do owe you some money - well done by the way, you know your stuff about footballers! You should go for Gareth's job, he finished right down the bottom - useless

Dave

Postby Fingers » Tue Jul 11 2006, 14:10

Dave wrote:Your right, I do owe you some money - well done by the way, you know your stuff about footballers! You should go for Gareth's job, he finished right down the bottom - useless

I am running a dreamteam at Rustington this year with the players that are playing for the 1st 2nds and youth team. He should come top of that!

Bartman's knowledge of the county league is to indepth for him to take in the professional game aswell.
Fingers

• Website

Postby *JBFC11* » Tue Jul 11 2006, 15:26

Fingers wrote:
Dave wrote:Bartman's knowledge of the county league is to indepth for him to take in the professional game aswell.

Bartman???/

U mean Rusty Gay??/

:lol:
Viva Le Revolución!

VIVA!!!
*JBFC11*

• Website

Postby Ansty FC » Wed Jul 12 2006, 08:45

What a great headbutt though!
Ansty FC

• Website