The Nomad-Online Club Directory & Nomad-Online

[ Facebook comments]

Have a notice? Stick it on the board.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

The Nomad-Online Club Directory & Nomad-Online

Postby Nomad » Thu Aug 14 2008, 13:55

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to update the Directory during the close season and, with the new season already underway I have decided that it will no longer be updated.

HOWEVER ...

Nomad-Online + the Pyramid Passion website will gradually be incorporated into a new 'Non League Football Grounds' website: www.nlfg.co.uk

I had planned to develop the NLFG website over the course of last season but work on the 'Sussex Soccer' book prevented this. Therefore having devoted 2007-08 exclusively to Sussex, I have decided to devote this season to NLFG as I have hundreds of grounds from all over the UK to include, as well as the Sussex clubs.

Although it's been nice to have a dedicated Sussex site (and Directory) it just seems daft to pay the hosting charges and domain registrations for three separate websites.

Nomad-Online, the website will remain for this season (albeit in its 2007-08 format) but will disappear within the next 12 months.

This Forum however will remain, as I have nothing to do with its hosting or administration and it is completely independent of Nomad-Online.
Nomad

• Website

Postby Nomad » Thu Aug 14 2008, 13:57

Geoff - please can you move this thread to the Announcements section.

Thanks
Nomad

• Website

Postby Geoff » Thu Aug 14 2008, 21:14

I think you already did (or someone did)
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Nomad-Online going at the end of 2008-09

Postby Nomad » Sat Mar 14 2009, 08:55

Just a reminder that Nomad-Online (the site, not the forum) will be disappearing at the end of the season. I simply do not have the time to update the information and photographs on a regular basis any more, and as it becomes increasingly out-of-date I know that I am going to continually receive requests for updates that I simply cannot fulfill. On this note, I know I have received requests for photographs ... again, I just do not have the time to go through them all right now - sorry.

I am aware that programme editors use the club information (even if it is out-of-date) so suggest that you go through the site and cut and paste this information for future use and update it as required (at least half the work is done for you).

On a more positive note, once my MA is complete at the end of September, I will resume work on http://www.nlfg.co.uk/ which is more picture based. There are lots of nice scenic images of Sussex grounds I want to include, along with a number taken during the 'Season of Sussex Soccer' project.

Cheers

David
Nomad

• Website

Re: The Nomad-Online Club Directory & Nomad-Online

Postby Nomad » Wed Sep 23 2009, 07:15

It's taken longer than anticipated due to problems that occurred when my hard drive crashed which resulted in my not be able to update websites. However, I have just instructed the web hosting company to remove www.nomad-online.co.uk from its server. This will probably take a few days to be activated but after that time the website will disappear for ever.

I understand that 'Geordie Phantom' has been working on a replacement, using some material from the Nomad Directory, although I'm not sure whether this is online yet. Please note that I retain the copyright on any watermarked photographs that may be right-clicked and copied from the website.

Thanks to all those who have asked Terry Buckman what I am up to these days. I'm coming to the end of a Masters Degree and currently finalising a dissertation about 'Groundhopping'; as well as taking photographs of other sports, especially horse-racing.

Best wishes.
Nomad

• Website

Postby GeordiePhantom » Wed Sep 23 2009, 08:27

http://www.sussexcountyfc.co.uk
http://www.milburntechnicalservices.co.uk

GeordiePhantom

Non League Club: Rustington FC
Pro Club: Newcastle United
Twitter Acct: @GeordieSabre
  • Website

Postby Nomad » Wed Sep 23 2009, 17:38

Richard

Please can you delete the telephone number for Rye United as it is actually a private line.

Well done

David
Nomad

• Website

Postby GeordiePhantom » Wed Sep 23 2009, 20:30

Done
http://www.milburntechnicalservices.co.uk

GeordiePhantom

Non League Club: Rustington FC
Pro Club: Newcastle United
Twitter Acct: @GeordieSabre
  • Website

Postby Geoff » Wed Sep 23 2009, 22:57

I'm redeveloping Nomad to include a more global web site other than just the forum, not too much but just a bit more than we have now... the new Club directory will get a prominent link.
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Post a reply

Return to Noticeboard