England v Portugal

[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2006 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

England v Portugal

Postby Dean Bradford » Sat Jul 01 2006, 08:53

Where are you all watching the big one today then?

The Lamb in Rustington for me - always a superb atmosphere in there!

BRING IT ON!!!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Rusty G » Sat Jul 01 2006, 09:01

Rustington football club :lol: :lol:

Deano,

You should come down mate, if you think the Lamb is good, wait till you experience the club !!

Likely to find Arundel, EP, & Rustington players and management up there too !! and of course loads of Nomadians !!
Account no longer in use.
Rusty G

Postby Dean Bradford » Sat Jul 01 2006, 09:15

Gareth

I might just do that actually mate - I'll have a word with my mates and may see ya later!!

Thinking about it too, I watched England LOSE to Portugal on penalties in the quarters of Euro 2004 in The Lamb.

Bad omen too!!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Dean Bradford » Sat Jul 01 2006, 10:46

Job done Gareth. See ya down there!!!
Deano
Dean Bradford

Postby Geoff » Sat Jul 01 2006, 11:07

EPFC ... when you gonna make an appearance there Deano?
Geoff
Site Admin

Non League Club: East Preston FC
Pro Club: Seagulls
Twitter Acct: @Nomad4rum

Postby heathwebby » Sat Jul 01 2006, 15:48

Half time- Un -fkin bearable
heathwebby

Postby heathwebby » Sat Jul 01 2006, 18:00

devastated
heathwebby

Postby yellow peril » Sat Jul 01 2006, 18:43

:oops: what a bunch of overpaid t**ts , if i was paid as much as them to perform the way they do i would have lost my job years ago . get rid of the overpaid mega rich and bring in players that will play for their country and wear their shirt with pride , cancel all england contracts if they have any , and say to them right now you only play for the chance of representing your country at the highest level , then you will see an england team that can be bothererd not one that huffs and puffs its way along .
on the subject of todays match , ronaldo should be banned from everplaying in england again , just for the wink he gave to his bench when he got rooney sent off .
i cannot be arsed to ever watch a proffessional game again , too much money and not enough heart its time for a change .
this is my own personal opinion , what do others think ...... :oops:
oh and just a footnote , its time fifa did something about conning twats that fall over for no reason , send a few off then it will stop ....
EASTBOURNE TOWN NOT JUST A ONE SEASON WONDER !
yellow peril

Location: the mighty yellow army ETFC, check out www.etfc.biz
Non League Club: Eastbourne Town
Pro Club: Arsenal

Postby Dave » Sat Jul 01 2006, 19:58

Agree, Agree and Agree

We were all waiting for Lampard to do his thing, i'm still waiting

We were all waiting for Beckham to put some world class crosses in, i'm still waiting

We were all waiting for Rooney to score, i'm still waiting.

We were all waiting for Sven to ruin English football - JOB DONE!

I don't agree with violence, but I do agree with C*ntiano getting smashed up for getting Rooney sent off, did anyone see him and Pauline winding him up right at the start, and as for the wink to the bench, gauge that tossers eyes out Rooney!!!
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby anorak » Sat Jul 01 2006, 20:03

After all the pre tournament criticism about Hargreaves and he even scored a penalty as well!!

What hole did the "world class"!! Beckham dissapear into to?

Even allowing for some of Svens strange decisions perhaps the plain truth is that our players are not as good as we like to think they are.
anorak

Postby alfie » Sat Jul 01 2006, 20:11

What next for the super Lennon. Having to suffer the embarassing subbing of the sub. Where all those that were calling for him to replace Beckham. Hiding in shame no doubt.
alfie

Postby Dave » Sat Jul 01 2006, 20:26

Lennon didn't do too badly, could have won a penalty and got to the byline more times than Beckham managed, I imagine he was subbed as Carragher takes a sublime penalty and Lennon can't shoot for toffee. (should have let him take one then)
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby fanbase » Sat Jul 01 2006, 20:41

Dave wrote:Lennon didn't do too badly, could have won a penalty and got to the byline more times than Beckham managed, I imagine he was subbed as Carragher takes a sublime penalty and Lennon can't shoot for toffee. (should have let him take one then)

Could haves don't win games :lol:
fanbase

Postby paghamjon » Sat Jul 01 2006, 20:43

alfie wrote:What next for the super Lennon. Having to suffer the embarassing subbing of the sub. Where all those that were calling for him to replace Beckham. Hiding in shame no doubt.

Last time I said he should replace Beckham, I could have lit a barbecue with the flames I got back....NOW will people realise what I meant (Looking at you here, CCUFC !!)

Ronaldo is, and always was, a wuss. Good riddance to him if he finds, in his child-like way, that he can't come back to English football.

And just what was wrong with Frank Lampard during the World Cup ? "Cows Arse" and "Banjo" are words that spring to mind about his shooting.

What is a worry is where the new crop of players are going to come from for the next World Cup....there's Rooney, Lennon....but who else (remembering we need 22 of them...)
Website; http://www.paghamfc.org.uk Twitter;@paghamlions Forum; http://tinyurl.com/6zba4py

paghamjon

Non League Club: Pagham FC
Pro Club: Portsmouth FC
Twitter Acct: @paghamlions
  • Website

Postby The Contender » Sun Jul 02 2006, 08:55

here is my ratings for the world cup overall.

Robinson 7 - only conceded in one game which you can't moan about and Portugal missed two pens.
Neville 6 - Very average although he is a proud english man and we don't seem to have anyone stepping up to replace him.
Fredinand 7 - a rock against Portugal and part of a solid defensive perfomance.
Terry 7 - as above
Cole 6 - Defensively great but need more offensively.
Beckham 6 - Made two goals and scored one. He has been unfairly critised however he is passed his best and Lennon should now play ahead of him
Lampard 3 - Awful tournament from the so called worlds 2nd best player. He should have been sacrificed at the quarter final stage. A good player on his day but should be a backup to Gerrard.
Gerrard 7 - Scored a cracker but was never firing on all cylinders. Missed the crucial penalty. Someone of his calibre should hammer a penalty in.
Cole 7 - As Above minus the penalty miss.
Owen 3 - out of fitness out of form. Could this be the end of the Owen we all used to know?
Rooney 5 - Frustrated, we should build the team around him. Isolating him was a mistake.
Crouch 6 - Not international class but played to the best of his ability.
Lennon 7 - Blistering pace and makes things happen. If he gets better this year he will be an automatic choice for England. Potentially world class.
Hargreaves 9 - Outstanding from someone who was booed by his own supporters. Despite never living in England he showed more pride than most. Should be an automatic choice in the future.

Sven 2 - He should be shot. An absolute disgrace, his squad was awful which led him to pick a team and a formation which we were always going to struggle with. F*ck off and die Sven. Thanks for nothing.
Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? I ask that of all my friends

The Contender

Next

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006