Find us on facebook

England v Portugal

[ Facebook comments]

World Cup 2006 discussion.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 04 2006, 14:35

orue wrote:Let's face it Norman Wisdom could win the league with the KGBs money.

Hey, don't right Wisdom off, Gareth Davies has proved that managers can have a funny walk and still get the right results without huge amounts of money!

Also, I know someone called Darrell Lineham who is a useless lump, could he play county football?
World Cup Dream Team 2006

Dave

Postby Lord Zola » Wed Jul 05 2006, 11:21

orue wrote:Why Mourinho?. In truth I don't support either Chelski or Arsenal but as a neutral I have to say Arsenal are a much nicer spectacle to watch.Let's be honest Chelsea have some of the most synical and dishonest players ever to infest our game, Drogba,Carvallho,Essien. Just the type our game could do without,sorry.

Your comments about the farmers league are totally correct, this league is heavily populated by players who are just kidding both themselves and to some extent the so called experts,the managers. My posting was making exactly the same point. WE DO NOT VALUE CLASS,TECHNICAL ABILITY AND FLAIR above hard work and headless chicken syndrome.

I know from first hand experience that foreign clubs and coaches especially in Spain think our pre-occupation with the ridiculous belief that we are a major force in world football is absolutely comical.They laugh at us and think in general our players are average. The coaching emphasis in Spain is aimed at players being totally comfortable with the ball.

BUT the bottom line is we will carry on as we are,destroying players who can play football in favour of lumps who cannot.I think this was where I started.

Agree with everyword.

Acknowledge your point about Drogba and co, but don't be so blinkered to single just them out. Names, like Reyes, Pires, Van N, Ronaldo, Garcia, all spring to mind.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby goalscorer » Wed Jul 05 2006, 11:52

Lord Zola, Who are the players that you know in the County League that are selected just because they are taller, bigger, faster and more muscular over and above the smaller and more skilful ones?

Do they have names, and what clubs do they play for?
goalscorer

Postby Lord Zola » Wed Jul 05 2006, 12:51

goalscorer wrote:Lord Zola, Who are the players that you know in the County League that are selected just because they are taller, bigger, faster and more muscular over and above the smaller and more skilful ones?

Do they have names, and what clubs do they play for?

It's an opionon based on all the County One football I have watched over a few years. I have paid my £4 on many occasions to see a 6ft 3inch lump run around a pitch with very liitle actual ability, and I'm clever enough to know the only reasons he's picked is because he is tall and big. I expect everyclub has 1 or 2 players that fall into that catogory least. I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby orue » Wed Jul 05 2006, 14:35

Goalscorer really!!! do you honestly expect LZ or in fact anyone to name names or clubs. Let me ask you a question, If you play a decent level of footie and in fact are a goalscorer "are YOU two footed"? and if the answer is no how many goals do you imagine you might score if you had the luxury of that second foot. How many times have you watched a one footed player spurn a great goalscoring chance because he cant use his other foot,even at the top level. The point being made here is that whilst it is generally accepted that football is about opinions,there are, coaches and managers who, if you base your judgement on the ability to spot talent and nurture and develop it, haven't got a clue, it is also true that there are players in the county league who can't control a ball let alone strike a ball correctly, and whose only talent is "havit" football.
Be gentle Mildred
orue

Previous

Post a reply

Return to World Cup 2006