No Penalty?

[ Facebook comments]

Anything football or non football.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

No Penalty?

Postby northofthecounty » Mon Sep 19 2011, 18:46

Not directly SCFL.... but should Dowdy have given a pen Sunday when the ball was out of play??
northofthecounty

Re: No Penalty?

Postby stringz » Mon Sep 19 2011, 18:50

No. The ball is dead and not in play therefore the restart is according to the laws. However, the sanction is still justifiable.
stringz

Postby buzz » Mon Sep 19 2011, 19:15

But the tackle hit as the shot was hit, so the foul occured before the ball actually went out of play surely. Deserved a red as well!
I like talking about nothing.......It's what I know most about
buzz

Postby been there done it » Mon Sep 19 2011, 19:28

buzz wrote:But the tackle hit as the shot was hit, so the foul occured before the ball actually went out of play surely. Deserved a red as well!

I agree, I have seen free kicks given on the side lines when the ball was out of play, easier for the ref when not in the penalty box. :lol:
been there done it

Postby RedDevil90 » Mon Sep 19 2011, 21:07

didnt his linesman tell him about the tackle originally, so guessing he didnt see it and hes only going on what the linesman has seen and said to him...

personally i think the biggest mistake of the game was not sending off boswinga for the penalty which rooney fluffed because if that isnt an obvious goalscoring opportunity i dont know what is
Website http://www.webteams.co.uk/boshamfc AND Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/BFC_TheRobins

RedDevil90

• Website

Postby countyfan100 » Mon Sep 19 2011, 21:38

If the Assistant Refereee saw the offence enough to advise the Referee that a yellow card was justified, then why did the Assistant Referee not signal for a penalty immediately it happened. ?
countyfan100

Postby anorak » Mon Sep 19 2011, 23:17

the ball was out of play and united scored 2 offside goals, are u lot never happy, and no I don't support chelsea.
anorak

Postby Jones, Clarke - 1 0 » Tue Sep 20 2011, 07:09

stringz wrote:No. The ball is dead and not in play therefore the restart is according to the laws. However, the sanction is still justifiable.

Complete bottle job I'm afraid, anywhere else on the pitch he'd have pulled it back for a free kick.....probably saw some of his gaff's at half time and levelled it up....to be fair that incident didn't actually affect the result, but the offsides did....he needs a good review from the powers that be and given a Championship game next week to bring him out of his untouchable world.....Pressure cooker job though, wouldn't fancy it
Jones, Clarke - 1 0

Postby refereeview » Tue Sep 20 2011, 08:49

The ball was out of play when contact was made so the referee cannot give a penalty. Why not compliment the referee on a good spot?
However, when he sees the replay he will be disappointed he did not issue a red card, the tackle was as malicious as they come
refereeview

Postby FV Mullet » Tue Sep 20 2011, 11:36

But take that incident back 50 yards. If a ball was cleared out of play for a throw, for example, and the player dived in and caught the guy late, it would be a free-kick every single time even if the ball was out of play when it happened. Why is it therefore different that the incident because it was in the box?

FV Mullet

Postby Lord Zola » Tue Sep 20 2011, 11:41

countyfan100 wrote:If the Assistant Refereee saw the offence enough to advise the Referee that a yellow card was justified, then why did the Assistant Referee not signal for a penalty immediately it happened. ?

It's kind of irrelevant. An incompetnet linesman had already decided the result of the game, by missing the 2 off-side goals in the first half.

Those goals should not have stood, and had they not, then the incidents you refer to would never have happened, as they were simply a bi-product of Chelsea chasing the game.

As good as game as it was, it was still ultimately decided by errors from the offiicials, which is sadly often the case.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby buzz » Tue Sep 20 2011, 12:53

Lord Zola wrote:
countyfan100 wrote:If the Assistant Refereee saw the offence enough to advise the Referee that a yellow card was justified, then why did the Assistant Referee not signal for a penalty immediately it happened. ?

It's kind of irrelevant. An incompetnet linesman had already decided the result of the game, by missing the 2 off-side goals in the first half.

Those goals should not have stood, and had they not, then the incidents you refer to would never have happened, as they were simply a bi-product of Chelsea chasing the game.

As good as game as it was, it was still ultimately decided by errors from the offiicials, which is sadly often the case.

That happens in football. On the day the best side won, blaming it on the officials glosses over the poor, sluggish defending from Chelsea. I didnt hear any Chelski fans moaning when they won by an offside goal from Drogba last year. It happens, but the topic was about a specific incident that wasn't handled well by the referee but went in Chelsea's favour.
buzz

Postby alfie » Tue Sep 20 2011, 14:06

Lord Zola wrote:As good as game as it was, it was still ultimately decided by errors from the offiicials, which is sadly often the case.

Once again it is the fault of the match officials that Chelsea lost. I don't recall any of the officials not marking Smalling for his goal. That was Lampard. Did the referee fail to tackle Nani prior to his goal. No, it was Mata. Finally, which of the officials missed an open goal from 4 yards out. None of them. It was Torres. Just 3 examples of why Chelsea lost and none of them were the fault of the match officials. You lost because you were not good enough. get over it.
alfie

Postby Lord Zola » Tue Sep 20 2011, 14:20

buzz wrote:
Lord Zola wrote:

That happens in football. On the day the best side won, blaming it on the officials glosses over the poor, sluggish defending from Chelsea. I didnt hear any Chelski fans moaning when they won by an offside goal from Drogba last year. It happens, but the topic was about a specific incident that wasn't handled well by the referee but went in Chelsea's favour.

It's very easy to take the "that's football" attitude when the decisions goes in your teams favour, but very hard to take when it goes against your team in a big game like that. The fact that Utd fans still refer to that Drogba goal, over 2 years after it happened (not one) shows just how much a bad decision can rile a fan.

You're knieve if you don't believe the decisons had a direct bearing on the result.

Apologise for going off topic......that never happens on here does it....
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby buzz » Tue Sep 20 2011, 16:47

Not really riled by it, just thought at the time that what goes around comes around. Thought the time would come when it went for United and not against them and it did on Sunday. Still at least it gives the Chelsea fans an excuse in their eyes, when the reality is they are some way behind United at the moment, and its been coming for a while now, and no manager there has had the fore sight to see it. Their old guard is way past their best and I think you need to get used to it until they do something drastic with the squad.
buzz

Next

Post a reply

Return to General Discussion