No Penalty?

[ Facebook comments]

Anything football or non football.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Re: No Penalty?

Postby Jones, Clarke - 1 0 » Tue Sep 20 2011, 17:55

refereeview wrote:The ball was out of play when contact was made so the referee cannot give a penalty. Why not compliment the referee on a good spot?
However, when he sees the replay he will be disappointed he did not issue a red card, the tackle was as malicious as they come

Of course he can...as he can also confer with his assistant lino'. No different from giving a penalty with the ball outside the box and the centre half grappling with the centre forward, taking him out with the ball nowhere near him, or a tackle that happens off the pitch and a player being booked or sent off.....a referee can change his decision, mind, refer for advice (earpiece now helping him out!!)...and keep a strong mind despite the pressure. I'm sure his bosses will back him with some ridiculous excuse of the laws of the game.....but as usual common sense will not prevail. No advantage, yellow card, penalty. Simples. (I'm no Man U fan either, just a fan of the beautiful game).
Jones, Clarke - 1 0

Postby refereeview » Tue Sep 20 2011, 18:28

If you are really a fan of the beautiful game please take the opportunity to read the Laws of the game sometime!!
refereeview

Postby RedDevil90 » Tue Sep 20 2011, 20:55

LORD ZOLA

yes the 2 decisions could of been made for them to be offside, but we have to remember that the linesman only gets 1 look and makes a decision. Smallings one was more obvious than nani's because nani made a very clever run that was like a u and in the eyes of the linesman it looks like he has come back onside and made the run perfect.

but from that not being given offside, does that excuse the poor midfielding and defending from your beloved chelsea and backing off a player who they know given space will try for goal! furthermore, can u accept that chelsea had 19 shots on goal and only scored 1... united had 12 and scored 3. the game ended 3-1... whether decisions go your teams way or not you have to score more than the other team

REFEREEVIEW

what is your take on cole tackle?
Website http://www.webteams.co.uk/boshamfc AND Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/BFC_TheRobins

RedDevil90

• Website

Postby refereeview » Wed Sep 21 2011, 06:29

Reddevil90
As already stated
'The ball was out of play when contact was made so the referee cannot give a penalty. Why not compliment the referee on a good spot?
However, when he sees the replay he will be disappointed he did not issue a red card, the tackle was as malicious as they come'
refereeview

Postby Lord Zola » Wed Sep 21 2011, 11:57

Not really sure why you United fans are being so argumentitive. All I have done is stated Utd's goals were both off-side, as as such, had a direct impact on the result of the game, and subsequent events in the 2nd half. Surley you accept that.

I've not once said Chelsea deserved to win the game, not once said we defended well, or alluded to the fact we are a better side than Utd.

It's because of these hostile and argumentitive posts from guys like you, that so many people now avoid replying to most topics anymore, and we see less and less, (if any) decent debates.
KTBFFH

Lord Zola

Postby RedDevil90 » Wed Sep 21 2011, 12:45

my wording obviously wasnt that great to get across the point i was trying to make and i wasnt trying to be hostile or argumentative, so sorry if it came across that way, i was just trying putting across a view from a utd fan

In my opinion, even though the decisions went against you they were not a direct impact on the result of the game because of the fact chelsea still created the chances and should have finished 2/3 of them at least. you were the better team in the 2nd half and that showed from the start when you scored so early.

also I will be honest had it been the other way round i would of been rather annoyed at the decisions

Refereeview: thanks for clearing that up, now i can understand why there was not a penalty given
Website http://www.webteams.co.uk/boshamfc AND Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/BFC_TheRobins

RedDevil90

• Website

Postby buzz » Wed Sep 21 2011, 12:54

Blimey Zola, lighten up. Cant see where anyone is hostile, or is that just not agreeing with you. Also, I've never had a debate that wasn't arguementative that was worth having.
I like talking about nothing.......It's what I know most about
buzz

Previous

Post a reply

Return to General Discussion