Elbow in the face!

[ Facebook comments]

Anything football or non football.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Elbow in the face!

Postby guerrero » Sun Jan 29 2012, 18:02

IMHO Van Persies elbow to the face of the Villa defender was pre meditated,deliberate and cowardly.
With the ref five yards away and obviously not seeing it I hope the FA decide to review the incident and give Van Persie a three match ban.
Brexit schmexit!
guerrero

Non League Club: Tonbridge Angels.
Pro Club: Liverpool and Barcelona.

Re: Elbow in the face!

Postby nosey parker » Sun Jan 29 2012, 19:23

Guerrero what has Van Persie got to do with the Sussex County League,Just because you hate Arsenal,we do not need you stirring things up.The FA will no doubt view it,as they are in charge and you are not.
nosey parker

Postby guerrero » Sun Jan 29 2012, 19:51

Maybe you haven't been around long enough,but the forum was opened up to include other football chat a while back.
Again I am giving an opinion.
If you saw the incident and disagree that while the ball was in the air,Van Persie had a little look over his shoulder to see where the defender was,lined up his elbow and smashed it into his face.Then that is up to you.I know what I saw and what I think of the incident.
Maybe you could give us your take on it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzFFYr5F ... re=related

Not the first time this season that his true colours have been shown.
Yet he seems to be bulletproof!
Brexit schmexit!
guerrero

Postby bladerunner » Mon Jan 30 2012, 16:53

Dutch players have a stamp and an elbow. Bergkamp was the same. We have to put up with that if we want them in our league.

If the FA dont want video evidence then players need to take advantage of that.

Anyone fined and banned after the game has finished is very unlucky (Why Always Me)
bladerunner

Postby alfie » Mon Jan 30 2012, 18:19

bladerunner wrote:Dutch players have a stamp and an elbow. Bergkamp was the same. We have to put up with that if we want them in our league.

I couldn't disagree with this comment much more. If these players want to play here they will have to adjust their game to suit.
alfie

Postby guerrero » Mon Jan 30 2012, 20:05

Nearly 1000 views and only a couple of opinions. Very unusual.
Had it been Carroll,Balotelli,Davies,Bellamy and loads of others,the ref would have had the red card out in a flash.
Just because Van Persie is a pretty footballer doesn't mean he doesn't hav a dark side to his personality,and I can't believe that more people who have seen this deliberate (This wasn't "leverage") act of wanton violence haven't come out to condemn it as they condemned Suarez and Balotelli.

I may not always be right,and I may have the occasional wind up.
I'm right on this one though,and the rules should be the same for everybody.
Brexit schmexit!
guerrero

Postby vandertaff » Mon Jan 30 2012, 21:17

If the heading was Van Persie elbow in the face, it wouldn't have got 1000 viewings though, would it. I wouldn't have opened it. I expected some over-excited posted about Lofty's sending off on saturday, (no elbow involved there, incidentally) or at the very least a Mike May report on Crawley Down.

Incidentally, I have to wish all the best to Phil the Cat Rhodes and the Ringmer defender (sorry, I don't know which player it was) who clashed heads horrifically in the second half on Saturday. Little doubt that it was a complete accident on both players behalves, but that wasn't good to watch.

If Ringmer put that much effort in every week, they ought to start picking up points and escape the drop.

vandertaff

Postby Shiner » Mon Jan 30 2012, 21:57

guerrero wrote:Nearly 1000 views and only a couple of opinions. Very unusual.
Had it been Carroll,Balotelli,Davies,Bellamy and loads of others,the ref would have had the red card out in a flash.
Just because Van Persie is a pretty footballer doesn't mean he doesn't hav a dark side to his personality,and I can't believe that more people who have seen this deliberate (This wasn't "leverage") act of wanton violence haven't come out to condemn it as they condemned Suarez and Balotelli.

I got to be honest here mate and i cant see it.....Van Persie elbow undoubtably contacted the guys face but a couple of things make me doubt it was intentional to actually elbow the face.....

Neither the elbow or arm actually came away from RVPs body....it was tucked in alongside his body.

It wasnt an aggresive, sharp movement with a forceful movement towards the face.

Also, the fellas head was down near RVPs waist!! What was it doing there anyway? Why would RVP think to elbow someones face that was situated in this instance where their midriff normally is?

If his arm came up, with his elbow out and a forceful deliberate movement was made at head height then maybe id see if differently....

I do agree however that had it been Balotelli, Bellamy, Barton etc etc etc that all hell would have cut loose!!!

I also agree that RVP, along with ALL other 'pretty' footballers has a dark side.....It is my opinion that there is not a top pro footballer been born that doesn't have one.......its what cuts them apart and makes them survive in the most cut throat, selfish, singleminded businesses on the planet....from the age of 8 these players are taught to look after only one person make no mistake about that......
http://1sttouchfootballacademy.co.uk
Shiner
Site Mod

Twitter Acct: @1sttouchfa

Postby Nosnibor » Mon Jan 30 2012, 22:43

Shiner wrote:
guerrero wrote:Nearly 1000 views and only a couple of opinions. Very unusual.

I got to be honest here mate and i cant see it.....Van Persie elbow undoubtably contacted the guys face but a couple of things make me doubt it was intentional to actually elbow the face.....

Neither the elbow or arm actually came away from RVPs body....it was tucked in alongside his body.

It wasnt an aggresive, sharp movement with a forceful movement towards the face.

Also, the fellas head was down near RVPs waist!! What was it doing there anyway? Why would RVP think to elbow someones face that was situated in this instance where their midriff normally is?

If his arm came up, with his elbow out and a forceful deliberate movement was made at head height then maybe id see if differently....

I do agree however that had it been Balotelli, Bellamy, Barton etc etc etc that all hell would have cut loose!!!

I also agree that RVP, along with ALL other 'pretty' footballers has a dark side.....It is my opinion that there is not a top pro footballer been born that doesn't have one.......its what cuts them apart and makes them survive in the most cut throat, selfish, singleminded businesses on the planet....from the age of 8 these players are taught to look after only one person make no mistake about that......

But these so called 'pretty' footballers are usually the ones that get kicked for 90 minutes. People say 'well that is football' and they have to get on with it etc. When they give something back, on the rarest of occasions, they are hung (or is it hanged?) out to dry.

As for the incident - the little look he gives Cuellar before the coming together doesn't make it look good. But he might of just been having a look to know how far away the defender was so he could get his jump right. The problem is the FA haven't helped themselves by ignoring the more blatant, and probably more dangerous, forearm smash from Lescott against Sp*rs.

I do, however, wonder if Van Persie's 'elbow' was any worse then this from a certain Liverpool player:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YflS479W ... re=related
http://www.newhavenfc.co.uk
Nosnibor

Non League Club: Newhaven FC
Pro Club: Arsenal FC
Twitter Acct: @leemtrobbo
  • Website

Postby nosey parker » Tue Jan 31 2012, 07:44

It was good to read in this mornings paper that Robin Van Persie has escaped an FA charge,sadly their are too many arm chair critics ready to have a go stirring things up if it is not their favorite player or Team.
nosey parker

Postby Norfolk Based » Tue Jan 31 2012, 09:15

Nosey parker,
Take it your Spurs fan then?
Having seen the incident a few times he meant to do him , Van Persie is a class act and has a good record discipline wise but no need for what he did, as previously stated the Dutch dont mind dishing it out , you only have to look at De Jong and some of the horror tackles hes done over the past couple of years. As for accusing someone of stirring it up, your talking cr*p its a subject to debate as it is a part of football at all standards, and not a dig at a certain club, im a gooner and i think he should have been punnished.
Norfolk Based

Postby whiskywalker » Tue Jan 31 2012, 09:33

Nosnibor wrote:But these so called 'pretty' footballers are usually the ones that get kicked for 90 minutes. People say 'well that is football' and they have to get on with it etc. When they give something back, on the rarest of occasions, they are hung (or is it hanged?) out to dry.

As my English teacher used to say "pictures are hung, people are hanged".......
whiskywalker

Postby Old Man In Boots » Tue Jan 31 2012, 10:18

Not sure I agree with you there Tobi.

Some players make it an art form to make use of the elbows look like an accident!

Allegedly!!
Eamonn Searle
Old Man In Boots

Postby watson » Tue Jan 31 2012, 10:21

The guy has elbowed him in the face deliberately (red card) , some of the comments on this by shiners, IMO . "Unbelievable Jeff".
watson

Postby Shiner » Tue Jan 31 2012, 11:19

watson wrote:The guy has elbowed him in the face deliberately (red card) , some of the comments on this by shiners, IMO . "Unbelievable Jeff".

Surely to elbow someone in the face deliberately you'd need to know where his face was? Why would he expect his face to be down by his ribs!!!

To say its deliberate is pure speculation anyway you cut it, as we have no way of knowing what he was thinking at the time.....
http://1sttouchfootballacademy.co.uk
Shiner
Site Mod

Twitter Acct: @1sttouchfa

Next

Post a reply

Return to General Discussion