Elbow in the face!

[ Facebook comments]

Anything football or non football.

Moderators: octopus, Shiner, Gareth D, gonzo, The Tye

Opens in new browser window

Post a reply

Re: Elbow in the face!

Postby guerrero » Tue Jan 31 2012, 22:43

As Alex Mc Leish said "Look at my nose.I know when an elbow is deliberate and when it isn't"

Arsenal fans are well known for not seeing anything detremental to their team.
Just like their great leader.
No doubt at all it was deliberate and pre meditated.
It goes to show how bent football is that he hasn't been charged.
Very sad and wrong.
Brexit schmexit!
guerrero

Non League Club: Tonbridge Angels.
Pro Club: Liverpool and Barcelona.

Postby LBV » Wed Feb 01 2012, 14:03

guerrero wrote:Arsenal fans are well known for not seeing anything detrimental to their team.

Are Arsenal fans any different to supporters of any other team in that respect?

LBV

Non League Club: AFC Ringmer/Lewes Bridgeview
Twitter Acct: @iamolivergibson

Postby guerrero » Thu Feb 02 2012, 20:06

In my opinion yes.Arsenal supporters are a strange breed.
They boo their team off at half time when they are losing.
They cheer the same team and manager at the end when a couple of dodgy penalties and a fluke won them the game.
They have turned on the best manager they have ever had (Can't stand him,but he has done OK) and sing "You don't know what you're doing" when he makes a routine substitution.
I can't see Arse winning anything this season (again) and I don't think that they will finish in the top four.
For a non "Yiddo". Arsenals favourite racist word
I really hope that the Spurs finish above them.
Brexit schmexit!
guerrero

Non League Club: Tonbridge Angels.
Pro Club: Liverpool and Barcelona.

Postby refereeview » Fri Feb 03 2012, 00:44

Guerrero I think you have had too much sun, as an Arsenal supporter of 35 years and a regular visitor to the Emirates, I have never booed my team off, I have never heard the crowd sing 'you don't what you're doing' to Arsene Wenger and I have never used the word 'yiddo' and have not heard it be used at a match for at least 15 years. You are very out of date and I think you have been out of the country for too long.
I will accept there is a lot of frustration amongst the fans at the moment, for good reason, but boos and insults are being directed at players like Walcott & Arshavin, the fans are rightly showing their discontent at having to pay £55 to watch players of inferior ability week in week out
As for Van Persie, the elbow was deliberate, I think he actually tried to pull out at the last moment, but the referee was 5 yards away and saw the incident clearly, therefore the FA are powerless to act. Lucky for Arsenal, without Van Persie the season would go from bad to worse
refereeview

Postby MKT66 » Fri Feb 03 2012, 07:16

In a recent game when Wenger substituted Oxlaide Chamberlain, the cameras picked up on some of the crowd clearly saying "you don't know what your doing".
You must of missed that game Refereeview.
MKT66

Postby refereeview » Fri Feb 03 2012, 10:13

I was at the game MKT66 and did not hear that when the substitutuion was made, there was certainly lots of booing, so that may have drowned out any chanting from my ears. It was certainly sung at Arshavin after the Man Utd goal.
I am not defending the club, I think there are lots of problems there that we do not know about, I am not defending Arsene Wenger, he has been brilliant, but is currently acting in a manner that Arsenal fans cannot relate to. I don't agree with the madness syndrome going around, but I do believe that he does not have a penny to spend and is protecting the board. One reason why a team manager should not also be a share holder or board member.
refereeview

Previous

Post a reply

Return to General Discussion